The Future Car: A Siemens Podcast
Vehicle Electrification: The Current State of the Electric Vehicles Industry
Electric cars powered by clean energy are an essential piece in reducing carbon emissions and improving air quality!
This sounds perfect, so why don’t we already have many awesome EVs? Well, the shift from combustion engines to electric vehicles (EVs) has introduced unique challenges to vehicle manufacturers. It has even necessitated a change in how the design and development process has been approached for decades. However, these changes have sparked a lot of innovations around individual components as well as in how components work together.
I’m your host, Conor Peick, and today I’m joined by Nand Kochhar, VP of Automotive and Transportation Industries for Siemens Digital Industries Software. He’ll help us understand the current state of EVs and the changes we can expect to see in the near future. You’ll also learn about what is driving the growth of the EVs market and how manufacturers are adjusting to it. We’ll also discuss the advancements being made to make batteries that last longer and charge faster.
Some Questions I Ask:
- What are manufacturers doing to keep up with the growing demand for EVs? (03:39)
- What are the biggest challenges to EVs today and in the near future? (05:57)
- What are the interior design challenges that come with EVs? (21:28)
What You’ll Learn in this Episode:
- The driving factors behind the growth of EVs’ market (01:49)
- Some of the elements that manufacturers need to consider when designing or developing the EVs of today (08:16)
- The factors affecting the time it takes to charge an electric vehicle (15:11)
- What solid-state batteries are and the benefits they offer (19:42)
Connect with Nand Kochhar:
Connect with Conor Peick: