The Future Car: A Siemens Podcast
The Relationship Between Accelerated Digital Transformation and Accelerated Product Development with Nand Kochhar
Automotive companies have to do more, with less, at a higher speed!
The demands from the statement above would have been received with suspicion just a few years back. But not today. It describes exactly what is expected for companies in the automotive industry, just to remain competitive. With the help of digitalization, some of them are successfully meeting all the expectations set out above.
In this episode, Conor Peick is joined by Nand Kochhar, the VP of Automotive and Transportation at Siemens Digital Industries Software. Today you’ll learn why companies need accelerated product development and the challenges they face in their quest to achieve it. You’ll also understand the need for an increased pace of innovation and the impact it has on the market share. We’ll also look at how companies can approach their journey to digital transformation.
Some Questions Asked:
- Why is the speed of innovation critical to automotive companies? (05:35)
- What are the challenges faced by companies looking to accelerate their pace of innovation? (08:18)
- What are the challenges that OEMs can expect to face as they move towards the future of transportation? (15:38)
- What is the relationship between reduced wastage and accelerated product development? (24:02)
- What are the things that automotive companies should start doing? (27:24)
In This Episode You Will Learn:
- How companies can harness digitalization to do more with less (01:48)
- Key elements for accelerating the pace of innovation (09:52)
- How cross-attribute optimization helps in accelerated product development (13:41)
- How to resolve the challenge of complexity (18:06)
- Strategies to accelerate product development (19:27)
- Barriers to achieving digital transformation in the automotive industry (26:01)
Connect with Nand Kochhar:
Connect with Conor Peick: