The Future Car: A Siemens Podcast
The Current State of Transport and Mobility with Onika Miller, FIA (Fédération Internationale de l'Automobile)
You are not stuck in traffic, you are traffic!
Isn’t it funny how most of the time we’ll feel like victims and not accomplices whenever we get stuck in traffic? If you live in some of the big cities, the only concern bigger than safety is a traffic jam. It makes you feel like you are wasting away. Sometimes you’ll even be thinking that the people in charge are actively trying to stop you from getting home faster.
Could shared transport and multiple options of transport modes be the ultimate solution to this? This is a question that cities and mobility organizations have been grappling with for decades now.
In this episode, part 2 of 2 episodes, Ed Bernardon interviews Onika Miller, Acting Secretary-General of the FIA Mobility Division, and Head of the FIA Innovation Fund. Her job involves creating a safer and sustainable transportation ecosystem for the future. She’ll help us understand the innovations taking place in the area of mobility and the benefits we stand to gain from them. We’ll also discuss the importance of safety as well as steps being taken to promote gender equality in motorsports.
Some Questions I Ask:
- When do you think the City Trips app will become available in many cities? (05:40)
- Do you see clubs using advanced traffic simulation tools such as the Siemens platform to help their cities solve traffic problems? (10:57)
- What is Smart Cities Initiative about and what are its goals? (15:18)
- What is the goal of a drone Academy? (23:05)
What You’ll Learn in this Episode:
- How City Trips app works (02:40)
- How Siemens helps the urban mobility platforms compile and analyze their data (07:21)
- How FIA is promoting gender equality and inclusion in motorsports (16:42)
- Why safety has to be at the center of current and future modes of mobility (29:32)
Connect with Onika Miller:
Connect with Ed Bernardon:
- Future Car: Driving a Lifestyle Revolution
- Motorsports is speeding the way to safer urban mobility