The Future Car: A Siemens Podcast
The Benefits of Autonomous Vehicles
The percentage of people who wish to own a motor vehicle is going down. That’s because people want to only pay for mobility services when they need them.
This is being viewed as a sign that we are becoming ready to welcome and adopt autonomous transportation. That is why mobility companies are at the forefront of the development of autonomous vehicles (AV). They want to make sure that the user experience is given a high priority in the process so as to attract as many clients as possible. Thus the inclusion of features such as fast internet connections and seamless connections to personal devices.
I’m your host, Conor Peick, and today I’m joined by Dale Tutt, Vice President of Industry Strategy at Siemens Digital Industries Software. Also joining us is Nand Kochhar, VP of Automotive and Transportation Industries for Siemens Digital Industries Software. They’ll share with us the different levels of autonomy as well as what each of them entails. Additionally, you’ll hear about the benefits of autonomous vehicles.
Some Questions I Ask:
- What are the different levels of autonomy? (05:40)
- How do AV companies push that technology across a huge range of scales? (14:41)
- What can AV companies do to build trust in AV? (17:43)
- Why are companies investing in AV? (22:09)
What You’ll Learn in this Episode:
- Nand’s involvement in the SEA council for vehicle autonomy (01:48)
- The biggest change that the automotive and transportation industries are going through (02:53)
- The sustainability benefit of AVs (24:32)
- The people who’ll benefit from AVs (26:49)
Connect with Nand Kochhar:
Connect with Dale Tutt:
Connect with Conor Peick: