The Future Car: A Siemens Podcast
Terra Sound, Patterns of Life from Patterns of Light - Part 2
Imagine having an underground system that can continuously collect data related to traffic, earthquakes, and other vibration-causing activities.
One of the biggest advantages that such a system would present is its ability to work all day, and all night, uninterrupted. It would not require light or regular removal of obstructions. That’s exactly what Terra Sound’s acoustic system does for cities and organizations that have ground as well as underground assets. The fact that the data is collected consistently makes it easier to gain fast actionable insight from it.
In this episode, the second part out of two, Ed Bernardon interviews two brothers, Brian Borkowski, founder of Terra Sound, and Craig Borkowski, a board member and former CEO of Terra Sound. They’ll help us understand how and why they choose the products they are currently offering. They’ll also share some details about the existing use cases of their technology as well as possible future use cases.
Some Questions I Ask:
- What was your inspiration when you were young? (01:21)
- How did Terra Sound move from being in the military to being a start-up? (09:30)
- Which of your three products has the biggest potential for growth? (14:05)
- What do you think this technology could evolve into doing beyond what you're doing today? (22:53)
What You’ll Learn in this Episode:
- The most valuable lesson that Brian learned from being in the military (05:37)
- How Terra Sound chooses which products to develop (12:52)
- The progress their product has made in terms of smart city applicability (15:46)
- The future application of Terra Sound’s technology according to Craig and Brian (24:56)
Connect with Brian Borkowski:
Connect with Craig Borkowski:
Connect with Ed Bernardon: