The Future Car: A Siemens Podcast
Technology with Purpose - Barbara Humpton - Part 1
“The value of innovation lies in its practical implementation.”
Over the last 174 years of its existence, Siemens has implemented some of the world’s most impactful innovations. Today, the company is a global leader in combining the real and the digital worlds to create value for its customers.
Its ideal placement as a leader in software and hardware has helped it expand its sphere of influence tremendously. To maximize the impact of its innovative products, Siemens has been engaging stakeholders in decision-making positions and other industry leaders.
In this episode, the first part of two, Ed Bernardon interviews Barbara Humpton, CEO of Siemens USA. She’ll share with us some of the milestones that the company has achieved as well as some future goals. She’ll also share about her recent meeting with President Biden and the major announcement that was made during that meeting.
Some Questions I Ask:
- Why is what Siemens do necessary? (03:18)
- What is Siemens doing to help us take advantage of the Internet of Things (IoT)? (09:44)
- Why is it better to make factories more efficient instead of getting cheaper labor? (15:44)
- How would you describe President Biden based on your recent interaction? (19:57)
- Does Siemens use gaming technology to design some of its products? (27:30)
What You’ll Learn in this Episode:
- Why Siemens' capability to build both software and hardware is an advantage (05:02)
- One of the first inventions by Siemens (07:01)
- An example of a software-hardware connection created by Siemens that’s in use today (08:04)
- Barbara’s meeting with President Biden in the White House (10:58)
- Similarities between video games and the current engineering environment (24:40)
Connect with Barbara Humpton:
Connect with Ed Bernardon: