The Future Car: A Siemens Podcast
Easing the Process of Product Verification and Validation with Digitalization
Imagine working really hard over several months to design a product, only to find out when you get to the verification phase that it suddenly doesn’t pass the necessary requirements to get to market. This causes a lot of headaches and costs a lot of time. But what if there was some way to know that you’re ticking all of the boxes necessary to ensure product validation as you go?
Well, the good news is we’re there, technologically speaking. Digitalization is helping companies leverage information throughout the design process to make sure product verification and validation requirements are being met. Not only does it allow companies to maximize efficiency, but it helps them deliver higher quality products from the start.
Nand Kochhar, Vice President of Automotive and Transportation for Siemens Software, joins us again today as we explore product validation. He’ll explain how virtual verification and validation through digitalization is helping companies collect and combine the right information, saving time on the journey towards final integration and validation.
In this episode, you’ll hear how continuous validation works, a few of the biggest benefits companies gain by integrating it in the workplace, and the role of simulation throughout that process. We’ll also take a peek into the future and hear how product validation is changing with the introduction of new technologies, and how vehicle integration is being considered within the infrastructure of smart cities.
Some Questions I Ask:
- What's new about making sure that the final vehicle is meeting the requirements set in the product definition? (1:29)
- How does continuous validation work? (3:07)
- What are the key requirements that are being validated for software systems? (8:07)
- How might verification and validation handle vehicle integrations within existing city infrastructures? (15:38)
What You’ll Learn in this Episode:
- One major benefit of the continuous verification process (3:31)
- The role of simulation (4:20)
- The elements of a successful final validation phase (11:21)
- The most critical aspect of product validation (18:17)
Connect with Nand Kochhar:
Connect with Scott Clemmons: