The Doctor's Farmacy with Mark Hyman, M.D.
Why Our Neglected Lymph System Is A Key To Optimal Health with Dr. Mehmet Oz and Dr. Gerald Lemole
The lymphatic system is a critically foundational system in helping us feel well and age better. It’s actually part of both our circulatory and immune systems, responsible for fluid regulation, cellular clean-up, detoxification, and more.
I’m excited to talk more about this with Drs. Mehmet Oz and Gerald Lemole. Dr. Oz has won ten Daytime Emmy® Awards for The Dr. Oz Show and is an Attending Physician at NY Presbyterian-Columbia Medical Center. He is also the proud author of eight New York Times bestsellers including his most recent, Food Can Fix It.
Dr. Gerald Lemole is a board-certified cardiothoracic surgeon and integrative physician. He served as chief of cardiovascular surgery at Christiana Care Health Services from 1986 to 2006 and subsequently served as the Medical Director for the Center of Integrative Health at the Preventive Medicine and Rehabilitation Institute. His latest book Lymph & Longevity: The Untapped Secret to Health was just released.
This episode is brought to you by Rupa Health, BiOptimizers, and InsideTracker.
Rupa Health is a place for Functional Medicine practitioners to access more than 2,000 specialty lab tests from over 20 labs like DUTCH, Vibrant America, Genova, Great Plains, and more. You can check out a free live demo with a Q&A or create an account here.
You can try BiOptimizers Magnesium Breakthrough for 10% off with the code HYMAN10 here. For a limited time, BiOptimizers is also giving away free bottles of their bestselling products P3OM and Masszymes with select purchases.
If you’re curious about getting your own health program dialed-in to your unique needs, check out InsideTracker and get 25% off here.
Here are more of the details from our interview (audio version / Apple Subscriber version):
- Discovering the importance of the lymphatic system (6:11 / 2:47)
- The role of the lymphatic system and how you can support it (11:43 / 8:29)
- Scientific research on the lymph system (16:34 / 13:11)
- Puffiness, inflammation, and poor function of the lymph system (20:31 / 17:04)
- Understanding the lymph system through a Traditional Chinese Medicine perspective (29:11 / 23:56)
- Creating health using the wisdom of Traditional Chinese Medicine (34:36 / 29:39)
- Foods and lifestyle practices to optimize and enhance the lymphatic system (42:07 / 36:54)
- The connection between fatigue and lymph flow (50:50 / 45:36)
- Supplements to support the lymphatic system (58:57 / 53:44)
- What your tongue can reveal about your overall health and other learnings from Traditional Chinese Medicine (1:00:48 / 56:32)