The Doctor's Farmacy with Mark Hyman, M.D.
How To Create A Happy Mind And Happy Life with Dr. Rangan Chatterjee
As humans, we’re natural storytellers. We like telling our friends the funny thing that happened at work, but we’re also really good at making up stories about things that happen in life and applying them to our identity and worldview. We can start believing these stories all too easily. But, they’re actually just stories! And we have a choice about what we believe and how we create our reality.
I’m so excited to share this conversation I recently had with my good friend Dr. Rangan Chatterjee, all about cultivating greater health and happiness by breaking down the barriers we’ve put up in our own minds. Dr. Rangan Chatterjee is regarded as one of the most influential doctors in the UK. Host of the #1 Apple podcast, Feel Better, Live More, and presenter of BBC 1’s Doctor in the House, Dr. Chatterjee is the author of 5 Sunday Times bestselling books and his TED Talk, “How to Make Diseases Disappear,” has now been viewed over 4.8 million times. His newest book is Happy Mind, Happy Life: The New Science of Mental Well-Being.
This episode is brought to you by Gut Food, Rupa Health, BiOptimizers, and Beekeeper’s Natural.
Gut Food uses the power of three critical gut-supporting components—prebiotics, probiotics, and polyphenols—and five ingredients at clinically validated dosages to help reduce inflammation, support the growth of beneficial gut bacteria, improve digestion and bloating, and support mood & energy. Check it out at gutfood.com.
Check out a free, live demo with a Q&A or create an account at RupaHealth.com.
Go to magbreakthrough.com/hyman and use code hyman10 at checkout for 10% off your next order of BiOptimizers Magnesium Breakthrough.
Beekeeper’s Natural have created a B.Fueled Bee Pollen and B.Powered Superfood honey that I’ve been loving. Head over to beekeepersnaturals.com/HYMAN and use code HYMAN for 25% off.
Here are more details from our interview (audio version / Apple Subscriber version):
- The three pillars of core happiness (7:35 / 3:13)
- What we can learn from Holocaust survivors about happiness (10:58 / 7:06)
- Using moments of social friction to your own benefit (14:42 / 11:00)
- How happiness affects our health (20:28 / 16:22)
- The connection between illness and forgiveness (29:28 / 23:50)
- How your brain reacts when you’re triggered (34:29 / 29:14)
- Training your brain for happiness (36:12 / 30:16)
- Dr. Chatterjee’s morning routine (42:58 / 37:19)
- How your inner voice is affecting your happiness and health (46:20 / 41:32)
- Toxic positivity and happiness in the midst of grief and loss (1:02:59 / 57:22)
Get a copy of Dr. Chatterjee’s new book, Happy Mind, Happy Life: The New Science of Mental Well-Being, here.