The Doctor's Farmacy with Mark Hyman, M.D.
Eat These 5 Superfoods To Enhance Your Brain And Body
While the term “superfood” carries a certain hype, some foods do earn that status. Food is medicine. And some foods are more powerful medicines than others! Food is the most powerful tool to create optimal health.
In this episode of my new Masterclass series, I am interviewed by my good friend and podcast host, Dhru Purohit, about the power of using food as medicine. I also share five superfoods I frequently enjoy that you should also incorporate into your eating plan.
Dhru Purohit is a podcast host, serial entrepreneur, and investor in the health and wellness industry. His podcast, the Dhru Purohit Podcast, is a top 50 global health podcast with over 30+ million unique downloads. His interviews focus on the inner workings of the brain and the body and feature the brightest minds in wellness, medicine, and mindset.
This episode is brought to you by Rupa Health and Paleovalley.
Rupa Health is a place for Functional Medicine practitioners to access more than 2,000 specialty lab tests from over 20 labs like DUTCH, Vibrant America, Genova, Great Plains, and more. Check out a free live demo with a Q&A or create an account here.
Paleovalley is offering 15% off your entire first order. Just go to paleovalley.com/hyman to check out all their clean Paleo products and take advantage of this deal.
In this episode, we discuss (audio version / Apple Subscriber version):
- Food is information that drives all of your body’s biochemistry (5:09 / 1:30)
- Superfood #1: konjac root (6:47 / 3:25)
- Superfood #2: Himalayan Tartary buckwheat (7:52 / 4:40)
- Superfood #3: cruciferous vegetables (10:08 / 6:47)
- Superfood #4: mushrooms (12:44 / 9:21)
- Superfood #5: green tea (14:04 / 10:39)
- Why the quality of what you eat matters (14:48 / 11:43)
- Feeding the 7 systems of the body (25:35 / 22:12)
- Janice’s story: a case study of using food as medicine (32:23 /29:00)
- What I eat every day and foods I’ll never eat (39:36 / 36:12)
Mentioned in this episode:
*My Masterclass on dairy will air Jan. 2022