The Doctor's Farmacy with Mark Hyman, M.D.
Creating Lasting Habits To Strengthen Immunity
I don’t like to look at what I do as treating disease. I’d rather look at it as creating health. And we have a lot of power to do that ourselves, each and every day. This is something I especially like to remind people of as we continue through the pandemic—the right choices and habits can help us stay more resilient and healthy during what feels like an uncontrollable world health crisis.
Today on The Doctor’s Farmacy, I talk to my good friend Ken Cook, as part of EWG’s CleanCon Conference. In this conversation, Ken interviews me about establishing better habits for human and planetary health.
Ken Cook is widely recognized as one of the environmental community’s most prominent and influential critics of industrial agriculture and the nation’s broken approach to protecting families and children from toxic substances. Under Cook’s leadership, EWG has pioneered the use of digital technologies to empower American families with easy-to-use, science-driven tools to help reduce their exposure to potentially harmful ingredients in food, drinking water, cosmetics, and other household products.
This episode is brought to you by Paleovalley, Athletic Greens, and Tushy.
Paleovalley is offering 15% off your entire first order. Just go to paleovalley.com/hyman to check out all their clean Paleo products and take advantage of this deal.
Athletic Greens is offering my listeners 10 free travel packs of AG1 when you make your first purchase at athleticgreens.com/hyman.
Visit hellotushy.com and enter code HYMAN to save 10% off any Hello TUSHY purchase site-wide, including the new TUSHY Ace.
Here are more of the details from our interview (audio version / Apple Subscriber version):
- The connection between poor diet and Covid-19 outcomes (4:53 / 1:48)
- Environmental toxins and the immune system (7:05 / 3:19)
- My journey into understanding the power of nutrition and health (8:15 / 4:13)
- My approach to working with patients to promote behavior change (12:29 / 8:46)
- Improving your diet to improve your health (18:12 / 14:11)
- Creating structure to support healthy habits and behavior change (20:30 / 16:50)
- Understanding your body as one interconnected ecosystem (25:12 / 21:04)
- Becoming Covid-resistant (29:18 / 24:04)