The COB from ausbiz
Dash for trash 🗑️
A quiet session characterised by weak volumes and limited news flow. There’ll be plenty of the latter next week when reporting season gets into full swing. Materials, consumer and healthcare led the way, a motley crew that fit nicely with the overall tone of the session. Gains were kept in check by steep falls across the energy sector, mirroring similar moves in the energy complex overnight. Tech was also softer, in part due to weakness in Block following a disappointing earnings report. On the upside, Novonix and Life360 led the charge, soaring 13.8% and 6.7% respectively on zero news. The more speculative end of market continues to run hot. Underling the point, Pointsbet added another cool 4%. Seems plenty think it’s worth the punt. Gold and lithium miners were also prominent atop the leader board. The S&P/ASX 200 added 0.58% to 7015.6, logging the highest close since early June. Over the week, it climbed 1%.
Our top three VODs:
Making sense of the latest meme mania
Gold glistening; potash promising
Introducing industrial property to your portfolio
108. the COB: Friday flurry 🍦24:17Our Top 3 Videos"Bargain hunters" pick-up the paceMarket trends murky: what's next?Five crowning trades
107. the COB: fortune faded💎21:38Our Top 3 VideosAnother day another hike?John's three large-cap stocksWhen is the right time to invest?
106. the COB: narrow and bumpy🐪24:33Our Top 3 VideosAngelo positive on Apple outlookGold leaves a mark in the M&A spaceCan ETF's be alternatives in your portfolio?
105. the COB: another (unpleasant) surprise 🤮26:46Our Top 3 VideosDiagnosing two ASX healthcare "buys"The real world impact of the RBA hikeAn uphill battle for Luke's stocks
104. the COB: opposites attract🧲21:24Our Top 3 VideosMicrocap risk and rewardsHit the ground running with these stocksThree rock solid small cap miners
103. the COB: redemption song🙏24:51Our Top 3 VideosIs window-shopping the sole way out?Bull market & (bonus) tech picksGood value or value traps?
102. the COB: pinch and punch 👊24:48Our Top 3 VideosAndrew's top tech ETF'sChina investment opportunitiesOne rare find
101. the COB: growth grumbles📉25:33Our Top 3 VideosHow likely is a soft landing?Hugh's electric stock pick"Main show and distant, distant, distant competitors"
100. the COB: Honeymoon over💔23:35Our Top 3 VideosThree tech stocks for the watchlistHave we hit peak pessimism?"It's going to be a bumpy ride"