Theory of Thing Investment Podcast
Emma Fisher, Airlie Funds Management Australian Share Fund on stock selection, culture, valuations and Australia's "boom to muddle through" cycles
New name, new season!
Emma joins us from the Magellan HQ to talk about their process, company valuations, Australian business debt and building a culture that allows for ideas to generate. We also touch on "life after John" and key person risk alleviation.
An enjoyable conversation with a talented Portfolio Manager.
Footy tips, as always, at the end. Heath batting 100%
Sponsored by Australian Mutual Funds Exchange
View all episodes
23. e23: The Theory of Thing Investment Podcast32:51In this episode of "The Theory of Thing Investment Podcast," we delve into the seismic shifts in the investment landscape. First up, we examine the ripple effects of the WFH revolution, now making waves on picket lines. We explore how this paradigm shift is reshaping investment strategies.Next, we dissect the latest developments in the Federal Reserve's policy. What do the Fed dots reveal, and what lies ahead for investors? Our experts break down the implications for your portfolio.Then, we uncover the explosive movements in the uranium market. From mining to nuclear energy, we analyze the factors driving this massive surge.Finally, we share valuable AFL/NFL investment tips to help you navigate the sports investment arena. Tune in for indispensable insights into the ever-evolving world of investing.Also Tim Cook goes full cringe.
22. Episode 42 - Unpacking Tesla Upgrades, GlobalX Thematic Notes, Indian Market Insights, and Footy Finals Tips21:51In this episode of "The Theory of Thing Investment Podcast," we broadcast from a room full of moving boxes at the temporary Whelan house and delve into the latest Tesla upgrade and its potential impact on the market. Our experts also dissect Global X Thematic notes, revealing intriguing trends and opportunities for investors. Next, we shift our focus to the dynamic Indian market, uncovering key strategies for navigating its unique landscape. To round it off, don't miss our exclusive footy finals tips for those looking to make strategic investments in the sporting world. Tune in for a comprehensive discussion that promises valuable insights for seasoned investors and newcomers alike.
21. Navigating Markets: Oil, Defense, India, and Footy Finals29:12In this episode we delve into crucial global trends shaping the investment landscape. First up, we dissect the surge in oil prices and its ramifications on various sectors. Next, we examine the unexpected F35s downgrade and its potential impact on defense stocks. Shifting our focus to the Indian market, we explore emerging opportunities amidst geopolitical shifts. To wrap it up, we provide insightful footy finals tips, offering a unique perspective for both sports enthusiasts and investors alike. Join us for an engaging discussion on the dynamic forces influencing your investment decisions.Sponsored by amfex.com
20. Theory of Thing Episode 20: JOLTS, savings, spendings, consumer discretionary, fasting and jump rope24:10James and Heath break down the right time to talk to someone else's kids on the bus, earnings update with some lovely stats via Heath, where is the China stim already??! Plus usual footy tips and whatnot.Sponsored by Australian Mutual Funds Exchange. Have a look today.
19. Earnings review, China no show, India gets the moon right (Russia not so much)28:19James and Heath break down the right time to talk to someone else's kids on the bus, earnings update with some lovely stats via Heath, where is the China stim already??! Plus usual footy tips and whatnot. Sponsored by Australian Mutual Funds Exchange. Have a look today.
18. China's Country Garden, Good news is bad news, Michael Burry calm down24:44Heath and James get back into it and go into the causes behind the recent selloff and how to pick the wheat from the chaff. If China is really stuffed then there's some easy alternatives out there (ahem).Is good news bad news again and can everyone relax every time Michael Burry scratches his nose please?sponsored by Australian Mutual Funds Exchange. Have a look today.
17. Aussie data weak, China data weak, US gets Fitch-slapped and MARKETS IN TURMOIL!!!16:01Heath and Jimmy James run through the weak data from Oz, the strong data from the US, downgrades in ratings, Lithium, China, RBA, Chairman's Lounge nonsense, footy and more.Sponsored by Australian Mutual Funds Exchange hit the link to find out more about investing in over 3000 mutual funds.
16. On Last Week's data, next week's data, copper, energy and those awful RM Williams sweaters24:28Heath and James go into the data that was and the data that will be. Is the US on recessionary watch or is it time to take the all clear. Emerging market bonds get a look in, as does Copper and energy.Also an assessment of the Wallabies at the moment and those awful RM Williams footballs. $WIRE $FUEL $GOOGL $MSFT sponsored by Australian Mutual Funds Exchange amfex.comOffering you access to +3000 mutual funds around the world
15. Buy Everything Gets Pulled Apart, Earnings Surprises, China Deflationary View and More27:27James and Heath take a general look around markets with a few ideas. Also how long can you make a market call before it doesn't matter if you get it right anymore? ALSO China being deflationary is now back on the chatter. Act accordingly! NFLX, TSLA, APPL, EQIX, GOOGLSponsored by amfex.comGo to YouTube link for the charts and bananas.