The Big Mouth
Purging the Past
Season 1, Ep. 13
Does a breakup require deleting all photos off social media of the relationship? Is emotional processing helped by first holding a purge ritual of cleaning out the old? Tim gets real about a common relationship dilemma.
View all episodes
23. The Girl Who Turned Me Gay46:04Tim revisits a huge turning point in his life, the moment he decided to come out. In 2016, Tim was in the final 3 of Big Brother Canada when he decided to forfeit the competition to come home to Australia and get real with himself. He chats with his fellow Big Brother Canada housemate Cassandra, who he admits he had met his match with. It's a juicy chat revealing the chemistry of their dynamic duo, a complicated relationship which may have cost them both their game, but led them on a path of destiny to find something even better!
22. Does Looking Good Mean Feeling Good?37:59Tim chats to model and fitness coach Jaxon Tippet to ask the question, do you need to look good in order to feel good? How much does your physical appearance equate to positive mental health and also where is the line between self love and self torture of striving for that goal? Tim shares his fitness goals for the upcomming 'hot girl summer' and learns that its not just about exercise and what you put in your mouth that matters.
21. What to do with Big Cats in Australia?18:17Tim visits a wildlife sanctuary which provides a forever home for retired zoo and circus animals in Australia to uncover some of the awkward truths about wildlife in captivity. The story also links in with the mystery of origins of wild big cats on the loose in the Australian bush.
20. Running From Extinction42:00Erchana the crazy running girl is right now undertaking a Guinness World Record Run – all the way from the top of mainland Australia to the bottom, from Cape York to Melbourne. Earning lots of chaffage and blisters, all in the hope to raise funds to prevent the loss of our native species from extinction. If you've ever wondered what can I do to make a difference, Erchana's story will motivate and inspire you, a reminder of the importance of connecting back to nature not only for your own mental health, but potentially for the survival of our own species!
19. Unleashing Genuine Confidence43:21Guest Heidi Anderson shares how she challenged the negative mean girl voices in her head into kind loving messages of self acceptance and self belief, unleashing powerful genuine confidence in her life. Heidi is an established media personality having worked in radio and also appeared alongside Tim in the 2013 season of Big Brother. Her new book is called "Drunk on Confidence".
18. Unpacking Big Brother Baggage with Taras47:10Taras was the challenge beast and strategic game player who evicted Tim from his own game, the two catch up to unpack some Big Brother baggage. Taras shares if he regrets taking Reggie to the win, what powers he drew on to win so many challenges, to discussing his own search for freedom from depression and anxiety.
17. Live and Loud Conversation with Tim40:41A special live and loud episode this week, for a random raw convo with Tim. Lots of Big Brother goss including secrets from the casting of the new series to who out of the housemates are still mates. Answering some listener questions for an update from Tim's life.
16. The Little Black Mermaid19:33The conversation on diversity casting hit fever pitch last week when Disney released the trailer for the new live action remake of the little mermaid, and everyones favourite little ranga mermaid is now shock horror, a little black mermaid. Tim discusses why a little black mermaid should be part of our world.
15. Coming Out of the Neurodivergent Closet27:05Neurodivergent is a term that describes people whose brain develops or works differently for some reason. We're talking Autism, ADHD and the whole spectrum of unique neurodivergent experiences…not just the challenges but also the brilliant possibilities that diverse minds bring! Tim chats with author and actor Chloe Hayden, about her new book and an exciting new role on the Netflix series Heartbreak High! Tim also shares some big news of his own.