The Beesotted Brentford Pride of West London Podcast
From Beckham to Brentford and the West London Mini-League - Bees v Bournemouth Preview Podcast
Quickly forgetting the FA Cup which Brentford were obviously not up for, it's a return to League football for the Bees with a visit of Muff to New Griffin Park.
Billy Grant and Dave Lane were back in the virtual joint trying to talk about anything BUT that FA Cup match. ex Premier league stars with their kids at Brentford. What's that all about with Paul Dikov (Man City) Kevin Lisbie (Charlton) and David Beckham (Man United and England) all having sons playing for Brentofrd's B tea,?
Plus Sergi Canos. The word on the street is teams are sniffing around Sergi. We talk about Brentford's longest-serving player and what we felt was his finest moment was
JB gives us some FA Cup facts and funk
Plus Kirk from Cherries Red Army looks forward to the Bourne-Muff match at the weekend
View all episodes
Rico Injury Blow as Sticky Toffees Target West London Revival - Brentford v Everton Pre-Match Podcast01:12:04Everton travel to West London winless. Brentford return from Newcastle winless and with the devastating news that Rico Henry picked up an injury that would have him our for the rest of the seasonThe Beesotted crew of Billy The Bee Grant (@Billythebee99), Matt The Allard Allard (@theMattAllard) and Lewis The Cog Coghlin met up in the virtual joint to discuss all things Brentford. In the show today:🤕Rico Henry. How disastrous is the news of his injury? How will Brentford adapt?💷Ivan Toney linked to Arsenal for £80m. Who could we get in his place from them?📊We discussed Thomas Frank's very interesting interview on Monday night football⚫️We look back on the Newcastle match🎶JB gives us North East related facts and funk🔵Connor from Toffee Blues podcast gives us the lowdown on EvertonIf you fancy, please buy us a beer at beesotted.com/beer
Newcastle 1 Brentford 0 - post-match podcast from the pub14:42Brentford went to Newcastle looking for three points. They played well but fell to a sucker penalty from Callum WilsonWe spoke to fans in the pub after the match
Geordies Not Sure About Season Start - Newcastle v Brentford Pre-Match Podcast01:11:58Unbeaten Brentford travel to Newcastle to try and get their first three points from the Geordies in many attempts. Billy the Bee Grant is back from his travels and joins Laney in the virtual joint as they discussed the international break, Neal Maupay's return, Ivan Toney back at training, The Bournemouth match and look forward to the match at the weekendPlus Kris from the Gallowgate Shots (@GallowgateShots) podcast give us the lowdown on Newcastle UnitedBuy us a beer if you fancy at beesotted.com/beer
991. Bryan Saves The Day As Bees Draw With Bournemouth Post Match Podcast25:37A frustrating afternoon at the Gtech as The Bees had to settle for another point from a game they should have won.
991. Bakayoko, Balcombe and Bournemouth Deadline Day Podcast01:27:58On The Deadline Day Podcast we talk about the will-he-won't-he transfer deal with PSV for Johan Bakayoko after the Bees bid an eye-watering €34m-plus for the Belgum forward and Brentford's other targets and signings in the final day of the window... we look back at the point against Palace, Ellary Balcombe's heroics at the end of the midweek penalty shoot-out victory at Newport County, will David Raya play against us for Arsenal in the next round, Rico NOT getting picked for England AGAIN, the return of Ghodos and we speak with Matt from Up The Cherries who gives us the AFC Bournemouth inside knowledge ahead of this weekend's Premier League clash with his team. Joining host Dave 'Laney' Lane this episode are Charlie Briggs and Mark Bonner.
990. Bees Through Thanks To Balcombe In Shootout09:57Ellery Balcombe came of age in South Wales tonight, saving two penalties and watching one come off the post as Brentford went through in the shootout 3-0. A much changed Bees always looked strongest but lacked a cutting edge… so when Matty Jensen scored his with theee minutes to go it looked all fine and dusted. Not so . County equalised and Balcombe became a he hero.
989. Two Points Dropped As Bees And Palace Draw Again17:07Brentford and Palace played out yet another draw, the fifth in three seasons as Brentford let a lead slip at the Gtech. The Bees looked more than capable of take all the points in a great first half display that was capped by a superb goal by Kevin Schade… after the break Flekken pulled off three superb saves before a toe poke between his legs finally beat him. Two points dropped but unbeaten is the consensus back in the pub.
988. The Pre-Palace Post-Fulham Party Edition Podcast54:35Having smashed Fulham at The Cottage last weekend, Thomas Frank's Brentford look to continue their unbeaten start to the season with a tough West versus South London derby at The Gtech on Saturday. Bees fans will still be buzzing from the trip upstream, however, Roy Hodgson's side is armed with plenty of players to cause us concern if we're not at our best and it should be a cracking game.🍰 Fulham get battered 3-0🇦🇷 Nico Gonzalez £40m bid from Fiorerntina🦅 Palace Preview www.backofthenest.com🎶 Crystal Palace Facts & Funk with JB🏆 Women's World Cup WoeThis is the second of two podcasts this week, the first focusing on the Ivan Toney 'Diary of a CEO' interview and the fall-out that has followed, Ali Mullally and Louis Coghlin join host Dave Lane to talk about on-field matters and the transfer rumours that are circulating ahead of the transfer window closing next week.We are also joined by Dee from The Back Of The Nest podcast, with JB providing the facts and funk as usual.
987. Ivan Toney – Unfiltered Facts or Unnecessary Attention?01:05:37Ivan Toney broke his silence about his betting ban from football, and from Brentford, when he appeared as a guest on the popular podcast Diary of a CEO, which is hosted by entrepreneur Steven Bartlett. Toney opened up about growing up in Northampton, his strong bonds with his family, signing for, then being rejected by, Newcastle United, as well as getting his career back on track at Peterborough United and his move to Brentford Football Club, where he has made his name as one of the best strikers in the Premier League.Ivan talks about the positive, special, environment at Brentford, and it is clear he has enjoyed his time with The Bees – the interview also focuses on his gambling addiction after being charged for 232 breaches of the FA's betting rules, which is where the player struggles to explain his actions or seemingly take responsibility for not being available for half of the 2023/24 Premier League season. There is also no hint of an apology to his club, his team mates or Brentford supporters, who won't see him in action again (unless he moves on) until the end of January 2024.In this edition of Beesotted The Pride of West London podcast we cover Ivan's interview in depth – Brentford fans Ali Mullaley, Luis Coghlin join host Dave Lane in the studio, with several other Brentford fans contributing to the hour-long show. We also hear from former Crystal Palace chairman, Simon Jordan, who spoke at length about the Ivan Toney situation on his TalkSport show earlier this week, which gives a fascinating insight from a club-owner's perspective.By appearing on the Diary of a CEO podcast this week, Ivan has knowingly opened the whole tin of worms up once more, and it is only right that we, as Brentford fans, take this opportunity to discuss how it affects us as a football club now our prize asset is openly talking about the next phase of his career, the ban that is preventing him playing for us and his move away from our club.