In the penultimate episode of the season, Andrew, Georgia and Linda discuss something all Christians do, but perhaps we don't think much about - prayer.
We apologise for some audio issues we experienced with this recording. Half of this was technical. The other half was our dog making too much noise!
The Anvil is a podcast from Churches Bookshop, Isle of Man
View all episodes
Almost the Anvil 116:40In an 'Almost the Anvil' mini episode, Emily Owen, author of 'Still Emily', joins Andrew to discuss her book, learning to hold on to hope in dark times, and which author she'd want to get trapped in a lift with!This episode was recorded over Zoom prior to the most recent UK lockdown
18. Season Roundup46:44As our season comes to a close, Andrew, Georgia and Linda relive some of their favourite moments from the series.And, faint as it is - Linda did moo!The Anvil will be back in the autumn.www.churchesbookshop.im
16. Christianity & Trump32:12Andrew, Georgia and Linda discuss what makes Donald Trump attractive to American Christians and how Christians should respond to injustice and unjust leadersThe Anvil is hosted by Churches Bookshop, Isle of Man
15. Get to Know Us45:20After a few heavy weeks, Andrew, Georgia and Linda chat about some light hearted questions that might help you get to know them a bit better.The Anvil is a podcast by Churches Bookshop, Isle of Manwww.churchesbookshop.im
Bonus: Sequels to The Man who Broke into St Peter's03:07Something we had to cut out of the main episode - Andrew, Georgia and Linda discuss how they would write a sequel to 'The Man who Broke into St Peter's - be sure to listen to the full episode as well to hear our review of this amazing book!The Anvil is a podcast by Churches Bookshopwww.churchesbookshop.im
14. Book Review: The Man Who Broke into St Peter's50:53Andrew, Georgia and Linda continue their discussion of abuse within the church, this time reviewing the book 'The Man who Broke into St Peter's' by Chick Yuill, published by Instant Apostle.We really encourage you to get a copy of this book from your local Christian Bookshop - find those that are delivering here: The Anvil is a podcast from Churches Bookshop, Isle of Manwww.churchesbookshop.im
13. Abuse in the Church43:12Andrew, Georgia and Linda take a look at the difficult topic of abuse within the church, and discuss why the church seems to be so vulnerable, and how it can be made safer.If you are affected by any of the issues raised in this episode, you can find support here:NAPAC - Recovery from childhood abuse - https://napac.org.uk/Victim Support - Support for various forms of abuse - https://www.victimsupport.org.uk/crime-info/types-crime/domestic-abuseMACSAS - Support for victims of Minister & Clergy abuse - https://www.macsas.org.uk/The Anvil podcast is produced by Churches Bookshop, Isle of Manwww.churchesbookshop.im
12. Worship38:26Andrew, Georgia and Linda are joined by Rev'd Andy Fishburne to discuss all things worship - what it is, how we do it, and how are we doing things differently during lockdown?If you are interested in the Sthie services, you can find them at the links belowFacebookYoutubeFind The Anvil on Facebookhttps://www.facebook.com/TheAnvilThe Anvil is produced by Churches Bookshop, Isle of Manwww.churchesbookshop.im