The Adoption Chronicles
Episode 20 - Sandra Moon
Sandra tells her tale of forced adoption in a time when it was common for adoption to be forced, coerced or having a baby out of wedlock was taboo.
In the podcast you will hear that Prime Minister Julia Gillards speech apologising for the forced adoption practices. The link to that speech is right here > https://youtu.be/5hVbokTpYeg
I hope you enjoy the episode!
View all episodes
51. Episode 51 - Debbie48:02Debbie shares with her journey of discovery, questions that require answers, the self-doubt of why and how she got from there to where she is today. Debbie tells her story in a way that will captivate you from the beginning to the end.
50. Episode 50 - Sally Grimme01:01:49Episode 50! Sally tells us her adoption story, initially starting as seeking medical history and answers, leading to a path that has many twists and turns.
49. Episode 49 - Jackie Green45:23This week on the Adoption Chronicles Mick speaks with Jackie Green. She tells us her story of being adopted, how she was the black sheep of her family and how nature v nurture played out in her life.
48. Episode 48 - Marie Smith29:01Marie tells us her adoption story, the interesting timing of when she found out she was adopted and how she was able to unpack that and move on with life!
47. Episode 47 - Matthew Rowe51:57In this Episode we hear from Matthew Rowe, who tells us his story of being adopted, how he has dealt with his place in the world and the story of his adoption. Like every person with a lived experience of adoption, his story is unique, and he describes in detail his perspective on adoption in a heartfelt and honest way.
46. Episode 46 - Carol-Anne Sim42:21Each and every adoption story is unique, and Carol-Anne has a perspective that not many people can have. She tells us about her experiences with adoption in a refreshing and heartfelt way. I am sure that you will get something from Carol-Anne and her lived experiences with adoption. A message from Carol-Anne: I would just like to finish off by saying that I've certainly had my fair share of heartbreak and sadness, feelings of a lack of self-worth and insecurity through both of my adoption experiences.But i will not let myself be defined by those experiences, rather, I focus on all of the positives that came out of them, and I look to practice that in life.
45. Episode 45 - Jane Sliwka47:40Jane has a story to tell and whilst her adoption story has certainly not defined her, it has given her inspiration to help others travelling a similar road.Jane is a treasure in our adoption community and more power to her so she can continue to help those that need it and as always, I hope you enjoy listening to her tell her story as much as i did as she told me her story.
44. Episode 44 - Nikol Rogers49:16Nikol Rogers has a very interesting story and she tells it in an easy to listen to way with a smile and love in her voice. Nikol tells us her story of how she became an adoptive mother. She has also become a life coach and has recently released a new book entitled "13: One woman's Sacred Journey to Discovering her Greatest Power" I shall not tell any more of her story here, but if you would like to order her book, there are links on her website nikolrogers.com Nikol recorded this interview with me via video link and is available on Youtube as well, and you can find the link to the video here> https://youtu.be/9F7ENKvZ6uk?si=WUhmNKaDZD00lgC8I hope you enjoy Nikols story as much I had hearing her tell it to me!
Thankyou and next episode.........03:12A little bit of an announcement !