Technology For Mindfulness
81: Practicing Mindfulness In The Midst Of A Crisis
We’ve now entered our fourth month living in the midst of Covid-19. As all of us have begun to adjust to life in isolation and become accustomed to an ever increasing sense of uncertainty, the need for anxiety management tools have never been more pressing.
There are so many benefits to practicing and implementing mindfulness into our routines, especially right now. In this episode, I share a few techniques that I’ve used to put difficult circumstances into perspective, why we tend to avoid accepting traumatic events, and how mindfulness allows us to build resilience and manage our anxieties in a healthy way. I also share some insights I’ve gained from others who have experienced bouts of stress during this pandemic and how their ways of thinking have helped me.
To learn more, tune in to Episode 81 of Technology For Mindfulness!
What You’ll Learn:
- An introduction to today’s topic on how Coronavirus is impacting our mental health (0:47)
- My first tip on using mindfulness to help you see things as they are (2:41)
- How mindfulness helps us decrease avoidance towards difficult circumstances (4:48)
- A mental exercise you can practice in your everyday life (5:37)
- Why mindfulness allows us to put our circumstances into perspective (7:40)
- Ways that mindfulness increases our resilience (10:01)
- What the ‘anxiety cycle’ is & The role fear plays in how we respond to crisis (11:31)
- The definition of ‘social contagion’ (13:58)
- How we can beat a negative feedback loop (14:56)
- The benefits of practicing ‘basic awareness training’ (18:23)
- Why we should engage in some form of ‘digital fasting’ during Covid-19 (18:46)
Connect With Me: