Technology For Mindfulness
79: Paul Minors - The Journey To ‘Technology For Mindfulness’
Today I’ve repurposed an old episode of ‘The Paul Minor’s Podcast’ which I was fortunate enough to be a guest on, to share with all of you! Paul is a Productivity, Business and Self Improvement Consultant who has helped over four hundred clients reach peak efficiency in their line of work.
In this interview, we discuss how the consumer's relationship with technology has evolved, how we can incorporate mindfulness into our daily practices, and more on my personal journey intertwining Japanese martial arts techniques with technology use.
We also dive into the importance of understanding your responses towards notifications. For us to respond efficiently, we first have to draw our attention to internal solutions and focus on how we can catch bad habits before they become a part of our norm.
If you’re interested to learn more, then have a listen to episode 120 of The Paul Minors Podcast!
What You’ll Learn:
- A brief background on myself (1:46)
- My journey shifting into japanese martial arts from a computer science background (3:28)
- How to respond internally to an ‘attack’ from the technology around us (4:45)
- The neuroscience behind responding to notifications (7:01)
- How I’ve integrated martial arts practices into my use of technology (8:50)
- The contrast between notifications feeling overwhelming or something that makes us feel good (9:49)
- The consumer issue I’m trying to solve through my work (12:40)
- Key points in the evolution of technology and the way users interact with it (14:34)
- The challenges of working with algorithms that are designed to keep us engaged (19:46)
- How we can catch bad habits within our device usage (26:34)
- Tips for practicing mindfulness in a team environment (28:34)
- Meditation techniques that aren’t time consuming & How we can be mindful when we’re busy (35:01)
- Apps I use to practice mindfulness and relieve my anxiety (42:51)
Connect With Paul Minors: