Technology For Mindfulness
78: Kayla Kozan - The Need For Corporate Wellness & Mindfulness Within The Workplace
In today’s episode, I’m joined by Corporate Meditation Teacher and CEO of Peak Wellness Co, Kayla Kozan!
After experiencing a sudden onslaught of issues surrounding her mental health and observing how many workplaces were in need of wellness resources, she was inspired to launch her company and influence businesses to prioritize the wellbeing of their employees. By implementing strategies into her programs that have benefited her own life, she has successfully helped businesses across all different fields create a solid wellness structure and received many outstanding reviews.
For many leaders, particularly in corporate offices, the idea of adopting a mindful mentality can feel foreign or intimidating to approach. However, providing a safe space for workers to treat their mental needs has been proven to not only increase morale and reduce stress, but also improve productivity and performance within the workplace. The time for these services has never been more needed, especially now as we have entered such unprecedented times and have had to adapt to new ways of working.
For more information on Kayla and the incredible work she does, tune in to Episode 78 of Technology for Mindfulness.
Some of the questions I ask:
- What motivated you to launch Peak Wellness? (5:39)
- How did mindfulness help you during a period in your life when you knew your mental health was suffering? (8:09)
- What specifically have you found in corporate work environments that showed you there was a need for your service? (9:46)
- What are some new challenges you’ve noticed people facing in terms of their mental health since working from home? (12:47)
- How have you helped your clients with staying connected while apart? (15:05)
- What work have you done to help teams adapt to working remotely? (20:29)
- Have there been any other unexpected challenges that you have faced? (21:32)
- What would a company in need of your services expect from a Peak Wellness introduction? (23:26)
- How would you suggest ways to integrate a mindful work environment in corporate companies from a business standpoint? (26:03)
- Can you share any projects you’re working on at the moment? (28:16)
What you’ll learn:
- My take on mindfulness during the pandemic (1:34)
- How you can apply mindfulness practices in your home workspace (4:21)
- An introduction on Kayla Kozan (5:24)
- Kayla’s experience with formal education to becoming a Corporate Mindfulness Trainer (9:04)
- The challenges and opportunities Kayla has encountered in transitioning her business online in the wake of Covid-19 (10:37)
- Techniques and strategies Kayla promotes in her Peak Wellness seminars (14:10)
- Kayla’s advice for setting boundaries while working at home and why you should be implementing breaks for yourself (17:19)
Connect With Robert Plotkin:
Connect With Kayla Kozan:
Wellness Tool: Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT)