13. Tech Outlook for 202439:21In this episode of the TechTank Podcast Co-host Darrell West and Nicol Turner Lee discuss what lies ahead for tech policy in 2024 and what people should watch for from Congress, the Biden Administration, state and local government, and court cases. They cover topics such as AI, infrastructure implementation, problems of bias, safety, and transparency, and competition policy. A number of initiatives are pending, which likely will make the coming year an exciting time for technology policy.
View all episodes
12. Generative AI, parents, and teens40:57In this week's episode of the TechTank podcast, co-host Nicol Turner Lee is joined by StephenBalkam, founder and CEO of FOSI, and Kara Sundby, Senior Director at KANTAR, to delve intothe findings of a new report focused on how teens and parents interact with generative AI.
11. How AI Will Affect the 2024 Elections32:46In this episode of The TechTank Podcast, co-host Darrell West engages in a conversation withElaine Kamarck, the Founding Director of the Center for Effective Public Management, and aSenior Fellow in Governance Studies at the Brookings Institution. Together, they explore thetransformative impact of AI on the political landscape and explore what lies ahead for theupcoming election.
10. A conversation with Congresswoman Yvette Clarke (D-NY) on AI accountability and election integrity33:04In this episode of the #TechTank podcast, co-host Nicol Turner Lee talks with CongresswomanYvette D. Clarke about her prior and current legislative directives focused on AI regulation, andthe urgency given the explosion of generative AI systems. The Congresswoman is a SeniorMember of both the House Energy and Commerce Commission, and the House Committee onHomeland Security.
9. From The TechTank Archives: Taylor Lorenz on Gen Z, Influencer Culture, and the Future of Social Media33:45From December 13 2021: How have teens, the most tech-savvy population of all, been navigating the internet, rife with the spread of misinformation, algorithmic discrimination and more? On TechTank, Samantha Lai will be joined by Taylor Lorenz, technology reporter for the New York Times and affiliate at the Harvard’s Berkman Klein Center for Internet & Society, to discuss how young people use the internet and why it matters.
8. California Congressman Ted Lieu talks about the state of AI governance37:27In this episode of the TechTank Podcast, co-host Nicol Turner Lee speaks to Congressman Ted (D-CA) about these and other areas concerning AI regulation, oversight, and guidance in the United States. They also discuss how AI’s regulation from other countries will influence national policymaking.
7. Exploring the NIST Cybersecurity Framework 2.038:15In this episode of the TechTank Podcast, co-Host Nicol Turner Lee discusses what is new in the more recently updated Cybersecurity Framework 2.0. Joining the podcast to discuss those changes is Cherilyn Pascoe, Director of the National Cybersecurity Center of Excellence, National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), who also shares resources and tools that all organizations of any size and sector can access.