The Talent Economy Podcast
Move The Ball Two Feet, Not Two Yards
It’s time for leaders to think differently.
We’re all biased in some way, shape, or form. In the past, it worked as a survival mechanism, and today it still sneaks into unexpected places—including HR and the staffing industry. Many companies talk the talk when promoting their “diversity and inclusion” ideologies, but very few walk the walk.
In this episode, I talk with Ashish Kaushal, the CEO of HireTalent and the Co-Founder of Consciously Unbiased. He’s a leading figure in the movement to promote diversity in the workplace and rethinking “diversity” itself.
Throughout our conversation, Ashish breaks down the advantages and challenges of workforce diversity. As we dive deeper, he also explains how implementing remote work policies contributes to making diversity and inclusion a reality. From race, gender, physical ability, and mental health status, Ashish shares specific strategies to retrain the workforce and open up the talent pool even wider.
Get ready to learn about how company leaders can become consciously unbiased.
Some Questions I Ask:
- How did you get your start in the staffing world?
- How did you create Consciously Unbiased?
- What’s your advice for companies who want to start focusing on diversity?
- What tools do you use to measure the productivity of remote workers?
- What do the next 10 years look like for Consciously Unbiased and HireTalent?
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- What the benefits are of diversity in the workplace.
- Why compromise is a lost art within the workplace.
- Where bias stems from.
- How remote work opportunities help reduce anxiety and improve productivity.
- Small steps to reskill your workforce.
- Why Paul is an advocate for remote work and flexibility.
Connect with Ashish Kaushal: