Table Manners with Jessie and Lennie Ware
19. S16 Ep 19: Tommy Banks52:19We have a Michelin star chef, star of Great British Menu, restauranteur and farmer Tommy Banks joining us this week. Mum was very anxious about her menu, but rustled up some delicious (and vegan!?) green spinach pancakes served with fried eggs, roasted tomatoes & butter beans. We heard how Tommy names all his cows alphabetically (a Jessie & Lennie coming up?), he gives a great pitch for watching cricket, his hatred for baked beans, cooking at festivals for naked customers, enjoying brie omelettes for breakfast and after winning ‘Best Sunday Roast’ at his pub, he has a bone to pick with Jessie from last weeks ep! Thank you Tommy, can’t wait to visit your farm and restaurants in Yorkshire soon!
18. S16 Ep 18: Just The Two of Us34:43It’s Valentines Day, so what better way to celebrate than with my favourite galentine, mum! Mum had already made all the food when sadly our guest had to to cancel, so waste not, want not we say! We had a delicious girls lunch and talked all about our favourite meals from growing up, thoroughly discussed our last suppers (mum couldn’t believe what I chose) and answered all your fabulous questions that were sent in. Join us for a very special episode, just the two of us! Happy Valentines!
17. S16 Ep 17: Johannes Radebe53:12Mum has waited a long time for this one... our very first Strictly guest and none other than the FABULOUS Johannes Radebe. We chatted all about his journey to becoming a dancing sensation, growing up in a Zulu family, his mums Chakalaka & how he’s eaten the same takeaway dish every day in London since 2021…. We ate Jamie’s Oliver pulled brisket chilli - with a whole lotta sides! Mum made a delicious ‘moist’ orange cake for pud. He took the half finished bottle of champagne in the taxi home with him and THAT is our kinda guest! Jojo heads out on tour this spring and you do not want to miss it… get your tickets for ‘House Of Jojo’ now x
16. S16 Ep 16: Jacob Collier51:23Brightening up our cold January with his fabulous colourful outfit and wonderful positivity was our next guest, musical prodigy Jacob Collier. Jacob and his magical ocarina joined us for dinner, and we learnt all about how he was discovered by Quincy Jones, his unusual rider choices (limoncello anyone?!) his mums legendary apple pie, and his week spent listening to the full Beatles back catalogue in lockdown. Thank you for popping round Jacob, you’re an absolute delight! Jacob’s new album Djesse Vol.4 is released globally on the 29th February. X
15. S16 Ep 15: James O'Brien01:01:36We’ve got radio supremo James O’Brien joining us this week, and mum hasn’t been this excited since she met Marcus Rashford last year. Despite the special occasion, mum had a corker of a culinary disaster which she salvaged in one of the best ways possible - plus we didn’t tell James on the day, and he’s only just finding out now, sorry James! Over dinner, James told us all the best stories, including how he signed up for boarding school purely to join their school play, his self confessed terrible job as a showbiz correspondent, interviewing Ian Brown the day after he was dumped, and we discovered he is a fellow Graecophile too, all the best people are! James’ best-seller book ‘How They Broke Britain’ is available to purchase now.
14. S16 Ep 14: Jessie Buckley46:25On our latest episode the absolutely wonderful Jessie Buckley joins us for lunch in the middle of promo for her new film Wicked Little Letters. Jessie zoomed round to mum’s on the back of a motorbike & Mum rustled up a rare Table Manners plate of pasta with prawns & tomatoes. We heard all Jessie’s fabulous stories about her colourful and loud household she grew up in, her wedding catering, drinking Twinkles with the stars at The Ivy at 18 years old old and she offers up a stellar last supper that includes oysters and giant chocolate buttons. The most brilliant actress and singer, we loved having the divine Jessie on. Jessie’s brand new film Wicked Little Letters is released in cinemas on the 23rd February.
13. S16 Ep 13: Tom Odell46:59This week on Table Manners we have one of the sweetest and kindest guests of all time, the glorious Tom Odell. Tom joined us for some lunch to talk about his upcoming new album Black Friday. I knocked up some cosy wintery vegetarian treats, and we found out all about his wedding, his new found cooking skills courtesy of his favourite Middle Eastern cookbook, his very specific ways to cook (and peel) an egg, and how he’s lost sleep planning his last supper! But boy did he make some good choices. Tom’s brand new album Black Friday is released globally on the 26th January.
12. S16 Ep 12: Laura Whitmore and Iain Stirling47:15Happy New Year!! We hope you’ve had a fabulous festive break, and now it’s time to dive in to 2024 as we deliver our first episode of the year! This week we welcome Laura Whitmore & Iain Stirling, who joined us for lunch at mum’s. Laura & Iain came to talk about food and also their brand new true crime podcast Murder They Wrote on BBC Sounds. We found out all about our shared loves (and it wasn’t true crime); mum & Iain both love haggis (yuk!), Laura & Iain would do anything for a dozen oysters covered in Tabasco sauce, Laura & I salute pineapple on a pizza, and we all also bonded over our adoration of friend of the show Kadiff Kirwan! Thanks Laura & Iain for being utterly delightful guests. Here’s to 2024 and an amazing year of podcasts to come!
11. S16 Ep 11: Romy46:50To help you get through this strange time between Christmas and New Year, we offer up an absolutely gorgeous new episode with the phenomenal Romy for you. Lead singer of the acclaimed band The XX and riding high off the success of her fantastic debut solo record, Mid Air, Romy joined us for dins & mum outdid herself with a triumphant vegan menu (!). We find out that Romy and her wife Vic are weekly listeners of the podcast, we learn who her dream dinner party guests would be (mostly Madonna!), and how she feels about being told that people conceived their children while listening to her music! Romy is nominated for a Grammy this year and I couldn’t be more proud of her. Thank you for being the most wonderful guest Romy, her album 'Mid Air' is available to buy & stream now.