5. A Designer's Guide to Design Internship10:12In this episode, we break down the key insights from a podcast on design internships, covering topics like defining your goals, creating a standout portfolio, choosing the right company, and setting realistic expectations.Embarking on a design internship can be a pivotal step in your career journey, but it's essential to be well-prepared and make informed decisions. In this blog, we'll distill valuable insights from a podcast discussion on design internships, helping you navigate this exciting but challenging path.
View all episodes
4. Why it’s Harder to Grow as a Senior Designer05:05Designers, like anyone else, sometimes find themselves in a rut, unable to advance in their careers. This happens in many workplaces and can be a frustrating experience. Let’s explore the common reasons behind this stagnation and how managers can play a crucial role in uplifting designers to more meaningful leadership positions.Designers reaching a plateau and staying there for an extended period is not an uncommon phenomenon. They may become too comfortable with their existing skill set, fearing the unknown, or simply not receiving the feedback they need to grow. These challenges can hinder their professional development and negatively impact both their job satisfaction and the productivity of the company.
3. How to Practice Mindfulness in Design07:46By incorporating mindfulness into my daily routine, including mindful breathing exercises and moments of gratitude, I have developed a heightened sense of presence and focus, enabling me to approach each design task with renewed energy and creativity.
2. What is Customer Experience08:04CX design is the process of creating a positive and seamless experience for customers. It's all about understanding your customers' needs, wants, and preferences, and designing your products and services to meet those needs.
1. Design Q&A: Episode 115:02You have asked me a bunch of question over time on various social media platforms. I may have gotten back to you with individual responses but then somebody else would come along and ask the exact same question. So, I decided to compile all of yours frequently asked questions and make a podcast out of it.This is one of the first episodes in Q&A format. I will do more of these in the future - so if you want something answered, simply reach out to me with your question.
5. Do designers need domain specialization?16:49Can designers afford to be generalists or is there a need for them to focus and excel in a specfic domain or an industry? It is a question that I asked myself a decade ago and decided to go on a path that would make me really good in one thing and one thing only; and it helped!
4. What do design titles really mean?22:37In this episode, we take a look at various titles and positions used by designers and their employers. While most of the roles are straightforward and describe what the designer really does, some titles are already confusing and to add insult to injury; designers use these terms without really knowing what it means. I will try to clear up the fog around designer titles so that you can use your title with confidence.