Summa & Friends
Ep #17: The Power of Directing Capital
The United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) has been described as a business plan for the world, highlighting 17 broad problem areas for which the world needs to find solutions. While originally intended for governments, the UN SDGs is also a powerful framework for investors who have both financial and sustainability objectives.
Creating truly sustainable portfolios is hard and requires a fundamental rethink of the entire investment process to incorporate impact as a third dimension, alongside risk and return. So, says Carsten Stendevad, co-CIO for sustainability at Bridgewater who shares his perspective on the challenges and rewards of building sustainable portfolios in today’s episode.
On today’s podcast:
● Bridgewater’s sustainable investing journey
● How Bridgewater applies their systematic research approach to sustainability
● Assessing net zero alignment – from macro to individual players
● Balancing return, risk and impact to achieve strong financial and sustainability outcomes
● Reflections on a sustainable future