19. Champions League Fallout & United's New Sporting Director?01:01:21Welcome back to Stick to Football with Gary Neville, Jamie Carragher, Roy Keane and Jill Scott – the original show from the award-winning The Overlap, brought to you by Sky Bet. With Ian away in St Lucia and Jill back in the studio, the panel kick off the show with the reaction to the first round of the Champions League knock-out stages, where holders Manchester City beat FC Copenhagen whilst Harry Kane’s Bayern Munich lose to Lazio.Gary, Jamie, Roy and Jill discuss whether any team can anyone stop Pep’s City, whether the Champions League has gone stale or not and how next season’s rule change could be beneficial to Europe’s elite competition.As Manchester United have approached Newcastle United’s director of football Dan Ashworth, the team talk about what changes he could bring to Old Trafford if he decides to move and how important the off-the-field staff have on a modern football club.Lastly we end on our Super 6 segment, has Gary pulled further ahead of Roy and who will they predict in the latest round of fixtures?We’re approaching one million subscribers, so please don’t forget to hit subscribe to never miss an episode!
View all episodes
18. The Highs & Lows Of European Football01:12:23Welcome back to Stick to Football with Gary Neville, Jamie Carragher, Ian Wright and Roy Keane – the original show from the award-winning The Overlap, brought to you by Sky Bet.This week we are dedicating the episode to Club European Football and your Community Questions.Gary tells who he thinks has the best atmosphere in Europe, Jamie recalls the night that kept Steven Gerrard at Liverpool, Ian talks about Arsenal’s UEFA Cup Winners Cup success and Roy is reminded of his famous performance against Juventus in Turin in 1999.Also who do the lads think will win the Champions League this season and what was the single biggest factor in becoming a professional footballer?Finally, Roy reveals the latest on his managerial stance after links with a vacant role.Subscribe now so you never miss an upload!
17. Replacing Klopp & Rashford’s Big Night Out01:14:34Welcome back to Stick to Football with Gary Neville, Jamie Carragher, Ian Wright and Roy Keane – the original show from the award-winning The Overlap, brought to you by Sky Bet. Premier League action returned with a full midweek set of fixtures and the guests kick off the show reacting to Arsenal’s 2-1 win at Nottingham Forest as well as the after-match argument between Gunners team-mates Oleksandr Zinchenko and Ben White. Gary, Jamie, Ian and Roy also offer their thoughts on Manchester United’s Marcus Rashford following his internal disciplinary. And with Jurgen Klopp entering remaining few months as Liverpool manager after announcing he would leave the club at the end of the seasons, our guests talk through the impact his decision will have as well as who should be expected to takeover the Anfield hotseat. Super 6 returns with Ben to provide the latest scores… and Gary springs a surprise twist with an additional fixture up for grabs as he looks to move further into the lead from Roy’s. Lastly we end with your Community Questions: Who is the best-ever January signing, would Gary be a modern-day cenrte-back rather than a fullback and what is the worst piece of man management the panel has seen?
16. Frank Lampard: Management, Chelsea Career & Golden Generation Myth01:16:19Welcome back to Stick to Football, brought to you by SkyBet. On this week’s special episode, we are delighted to be joined by Chelsea and England legend Frank Lampard.Alongside Gary Neville, Jamie Carragher, Ian Wright, Roy Keane and Jill Scott, the team talk about the Stamford Bridge heroes' glorious career as well as the pleasures and pressures that have followed in management.The three-time Premier League winner speaks about his playing and managerial career at Chelsea as well as their current state having last managed the Blues towards the end of the 2022/23 season.As a former Everton manager, Frank goes into full length about his time at Goodison Park as well as the current financial state at the club, the FFP restrictions and the impact it had on his former team.It would be impossible to have Frank around the table without talking about England’s golden generation and the panel also go into full discussion of the mid-2000 rivalry between their respected clubs.Finally, we end with your Community Questions: How much success was down to work rate compared to natural talent and which player has Frank coached that reminds him of himself the most?Subscribe now so you never miss an upload.
15. Messi vs Haaland, Bruno's Freedom, FFP & De Bruyne Returns01:18:07Welcome back to Stick To Football with Gary Neville, Jamie Carragher, Jill Scott, Ian Wright and Roy Keane – the original show from the award-winning The Overlap, brought to you by Sky Bet. We kick things off with the aftermath of Tottenham’s draw at Manchester United and how Gary caused a stir by arguing Spurs could finish above Liverpool by the end of the season whilst Roy remains unconvinced with the praise on Ange Postecoglou’s side. The halfway point passed in the Premier League season, so we discuss who has been the best player as Jamie singles out Kevin de Bruyne as one of the best midfielders the competition has seen after his heroic return from injury when Manchester City overcame Newcastle. Earlier this week Ian and Jill attended the FIFA The Best Awards and discussed whether Lionel Messi deserved his award of Men’s Player of the Year. We also relive Roy’s 2000 PFA Award ceremony and whether his teammates turned up and the politics behind voting procedures. We discuss the latest on the Premier League charges on Everton and Nottingham Forest and what it will mean to both clubs and the impending hearing on Manchester City. Super 6 also returns with Ben… has Roy managed to reduce the deficit or has Gary pulled further ahead? And we end with your Community Question: Why has Erik Ten Hag not implemented a style of play at Manchester United yet? Subscribe now so you never miss an upload!VOTE NOW for Stick to Football to WIN Best Football Podcast at the Sports Podcast Awards here - https://www.sportspodcastgroup.com/sports_category/best-football-podcast/#
14. Roy Forced Out & Tapping Up Gerrard | Transfer Special01:09:06Welcome back to Stick to Football, brought to you by Sky Bet, and we are delighted to bring you a transfers special with our full-fit panel of Gary Neville, Jamie Carragher, Jill Scott, Roy Keane and Ian Wright.The January transfer window is open so we kick off the show with a huge debate: who should sign players at a football club?Jamie and Gary never left their respected teams whereas Jill, Roy and Ian all eventually moved away from their clubs where they became legends; find out how life altered for the trio with their departures.Gary also remembers how Sir Alex Ferguson dealt with signing players as well as the time he tried to convince Steven Gerrard to join Manchester United whilst on international duty.Roy talks about his transfer stories as Sunderland manager and opens up on his sudden departure at Manchester United whilst Ian reveals the French revolution Arsene Wenger brought about at Arsenal alongside David Dean and the current business plan at the Emirates under Edu and Mikel Arteta.Jamie recalls how Rafa Benitez changed recruitment at Liverpool and why despite being one of the top teams in Europe it always felt like an internal battle at Anfield.Finally, Jill chats about the transfer procedure and differences in the women’s game and her own ambitions of wanting to become a manager.Subscribe now so you never miss an upload!VOTE NOW for Stick to Football to WIN Best Football Podcast at the Sports Podcast Awards here - https://www.sportspodcastgroup.com/sports_category/best-football-podcast/#
13. Rory McIlroy Opens Up On LIV Golf & Being A United Fan58:45VOTE NOW for Stick to Football to WIN Best Football Podcast at the Sports Podcast Awards here - https://www.sportspodcastgroup.com/sports_category/best-football-podcast/#On our latest episode of Stick to Football, brought to you by Sky Bet, we are joined by Irish golfer Rory McIlroy.There’s only one subject to start on: Roy Keane snubbing a young Rory McIlroy asking for an autograph whilst the former footballer was on international duty.The Northern Irish golfer gives a full lowdown on LIV Golf and his stance on the breakaway league as well as his views on the latest big-name to join the organisation in Jon Rahm.Rory also chats about supporting his boyhood team Manchester United and the prospect of buying shares into the club as well as his relationship with Tiger Woods and the formation of their TGL – a venture formed by the pair which is due to launch in 2025.Our panel also discuss Rory’s incredible 2023 Ryder Cup and high-pressure moments in sport, as well as the prospect of completing a major should he win the elusive Masters at Augusta.We ask your Community Questions, with Rory revealing who his best friend in the sport is, which former professional footballer he reckons would be the best golfer and who was his footballing hero.Finally, Rory, Ian, Jamie, Roy and Gary relive Rory’s 9-year-old appearance on the Gerry Kelly Show by taking on a golf chipping into the washing machine challenge.Will one of the best golfers on the planet show them how it’s done or will one of our former professional footballers cause a shock?Subscribe now so you never miss an upload.