1. Episode 1: The First Spill19:50The first episode of our youth led podcast from Studio 2. This episode gives a quick overview and introduction into the theme mental health which will be the main focus of our podcast.
View all episodes
2. Episode 2: The 5 Steps to Banter23:12On this episode our hosts Rian and Aoife discuss the "5 steps to well being" and also interview a very special guest Serena Terry A.K.A Mammy Banter.
3. Episode 3: A Balancing Act24:10This episode is all about the importance of maintaining a balanced diet, exercising and living a healthy life style. We also got chatting to local circus performer and aerial fitness instructor Gwyneth Doherty who gave us some great advice about body image and the harmful effects of dieting and exercising excessively.
4. Episode 4: Stop And Smell The Roses22:52This episode is all about relaxation, meditation and aromatherapy. We interviewed a special guest, Naiomi Kelly, who gave us an insight to what aromatherapy is and the benefits it can have on your mental health. Our young people also got to attend an event this week at St. Columbs Park House about health and well being where they mixed with other youth groups, got some walk about interviews and even got their hands on some cool freebies!
5. Episode 5: Addiction Recognition24:43This episode explores the harmful effects of drugs and alcohol on your mental health. We interviewed Gary Rutherford who runs ARC Fitness which is a local organisation aimed at helping people over come their addictions through fitness, coaching and counselling. We also caught up with Caitlin Graydon who shared her story with us about her own sobriety journey.
6. Episode 6: Unfiltered Tea17:57The finale of our first season concludes with a discussion around the effects that social media can have on your mental health through filtered photos, comparing yourself to unrealistic representations of life and through cyberbullying. We also reflected on what our favourite moments were from doing the podcast and mental health programme through Studio 2.
1. Episode 1: Do I Have To Spell It Out For You?34:15We're back for our 2nd season of Spill The Tae! This season will have a look at disability awareness and mental health with our first episode exploring the themes of Dyslexia and Dyspraxia. We spoke with Declan O'Connor and Alex Duffy, our youth worker in charge, to talk about their experience with dyslexia. We also got chatting to Megan Keenan who has recently set up "The Silly Billy Collective," an arts organisation for neurodiverse artists, she also spoke to us about living with dyspraxia, dyslexia and ADHD. We also caught up with Gilly Campbell from the Arts Council who gave us some good advice about a future career in the arts.