Halloween Special Pt I with Christy
The long wait is over, and Halloween is once again upon us! To commemorate, I have invited Christy--the phenomenally awesome academic who taught us all about Aramaic Incantation Bowls in Episodes 38 & 39 and one of my besties from online--to share some of her favorite true ghost stories. We also delve a good bit into lucid dreaming and the nature of spirits, so only the first tale is covered in this episode. Stay tuned for next week for the remaining two!
I joined up for the second Halloween in a row with the awesome folks over at Your Worst Friend podcast to talk all about horror movies. You can check that episode out at https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/ywf-halloween-2022-hatcheted-to-death-part-2/id1505651599?i=1000584322922
View all episodes
13. Trapped in Fear & Fire32:49Welcome to the final episode, lucky number 13, of season 4 of Southern Demonology. Not only does JJ detail some of the goodies that season 5 will offer, but he also presents an interview with the listener Elizabeth who goes over how she was underneath the dominion of demonic oppression for decades and how hearing Father Birdsong's iteration of "God is not angry with you" helped her to recognize the predicament and break the cycle. This is definitely a heart wrenching episode that will highlight the depths that the infernal can plunge a person before one can even realize it due to its slow, insidious nature.Find all of Southern Demonology's social links and information at https://www.southerndemonology.com
12. The Bandlet of Righteousness31:38Christians have created numerous artifacts and and icons in order to help ensure that they get into heaven, but none are as mysterious as the Bandlet of Righteousness (lefAfa Sedeq), the Ethiopian Book of Life. In this episode, JJ runs through the tradition and incantations that make up this amazing work, compares it to protection scrolls created by Ethiopian Orthodox priests that use demonic energy to fuel God's will, and demonstrates some of the aspects that truly make this work magical.Get access to all of Southern Demonology's links at https://www.southerndemonology.com
11. Exorcisms Do's and Don'ts, Pt II39:03Not only does this episode of Southern Demonology continues with the final part of my conversation with Father Birdsong and his son Deacon Josh on the Do's and Don'ts of Exorcism, but it also comes with the very first EVP (Electronic Voice Phenomena) ever captured on this podcast. And it could not be more chilling or disturbing, especially to me as it was captured on my own audio line.
10. Exorcisms Do's and Don'ts, Pt I39:40While recording an episode of the other podcast to which JJ belongs, the Paranormal Rundown, Father Birdsong recommended having a show dedicated to the Do's and Don'ts of Exorcisms, and I could think of nothing better. What follows is the first part of the conversation wherein we discuss a few of the principles that Father Birdsong outlines in addition to an anecdote from JJ's own life where he demonstrates exactly what one should NEVER do. Father Birdsong has started his own podcast entitled Ending the Curse. You can find that on any podcast platform now or at https://shows.acast.com/65615eeed175620012091d66.Get access to all of Southern Demonology's links at https://www.southerndemonology.com
9. Faces of Evil01:01:46Dear Southern Demonology listeners: JJ would like to introduce Dr. Bert. He is a medical doctor and psychiatrist from the Netherlands who has been practicing in the field from more than a decade. He agreed to speak to us about several different items. Namely, JJ wanted his input on the movie Nefarious and how was the field of psychiatry was represented in his professional opinion. But that was only the entrance to the doorway as in this conversation, we bounce from that to multiple personality disorder (or the more modern term dissociative personality disorder), to the nature of evil, some of the cases that he has dealt with which exhibit at least mortal evil, and finally some of the more paranormal experiences that he has encountered.Get access to all of Southern Demonology's links at https://www.southerndemonology.com
8. Ouija27:33Ever wanted JJ's viewpoints on Ouija and its Japanese comparable Kokkuri-san? Tune in to learn about the spirit board's history, iterations, dangers, and even a legend that surrounds the devices in this episode of Southern Demonology.Want further reference? Check out the episode I did with Brandon from Cookeville Ghost Hunters all about Zozo which can be found at https://www.podchaser.com/podcasts/cookeville-ghost-hunters-1918710/episodes/the-ouija-board-demon-with-sou-145041538Get access to all of Southern Demonology's links at https://www.southerndemonology.com
7. Hail Yourself, Pt II35:34Join us for the second and final part of the Hail Yourself series with Chris from the Wandering Road Podcast. If you haven't listened to part I, I highly recommend it as otherwise you may not follow the flow of conversation. In this one, we go into detail about the interview Anton Levey's consort gave to Art Bell amongst other related topics.Get access to all of Southern Demonology's links at https://www.southerndemonology.com or https://linktr.ee/southerndemonology
6. Hail Yourself, Pt I43:45Get ready to delve into the theological twists and turns that a... children's book has to offer? For the first time, Southern Demonology takes a look at two particular religious organizations through the lens of a simple book published by one of them. Forgive the vagueness, but see if you can guess exactly the topic. A huge hint is already in the title of this episode.JJ was the guest on Nicholean TV where the Bishop and he discussed Japanese spirituality. Check it out at https://www.youtube.com/live/I8QfrY1wSvc?si=SITVOTHqIoSC76IHJJ also appeared on the Wandering Road Podcast where he discussed yokai and yurei. Find that at https://www.buzzsprout.com/2155744/14011682-37-ghosts-demons-of-japan-ft-southern-demonologyVictor from Trailer Trash Terrors lent Baalzebubba, the former minion of perdition, as a special digital voice actor for this episode. You can find Victor's excellent podcast at https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/trailer-trash-terrors/id1617866378Any works quoted in this episode belong to their respective copyright holders. The purpose of this episode is to provide commentary and analytical insights upon said works, not distribution or advocacy.
5. Demonic Dolls Part II44:16Welcome back to part two of our conversation with Father Michael Birdsong and his son Deacon Josh! Last week's episode centered around the hardest exorcism case Father Birdsong has ever encountered. This week we branch out by exploring how one can avoid demonic doorways, a detailed (and spoiler-filled) deep dive into the movie Nefarious, and then answer some questions about the Book of Enoch and the Nephalim. Tune in to discover the rest of the details!Get access to all of Southern Demonology's links at https://www.southerndemonology.com or at https://linktr.ee/southerndemonology