Smith and Sniff
Drift car or donkey?
Jonny has been served some unusual Instagram content and Richard has seen his local no-name mountain bike guy. Also in this episode, reaction to last week’s Miami Vice chat, Don Johnson goes Woollarding, the Skoda cake we forgot, how to say Rostyle, disagreement about the third generation Toyota MR2, spending time in a high tech scrapyard, a broken Smart Roadster Brabus, CSI hot cross buns, an annoying Volkswagen, for the love of small cars, and news of a Smith and Sniff live show in London.
View all episodes
179. A trip to Rennspowaataaah01:39:59Jonny and Richard are in Northern California for Rennsport Reunion 7, a Porsche festival at the Laguna Seca track. Featuring lots of nice cars and special guests Elana Scherr, Jonathan Gitlin, Jonny Lieberman, Tom Ford, Mike Musto and Andrew Frankel.patreon.com/smithandsniff
178. A heavy session with the Captain01:05:50Jonny needs to fix his leaking Hondas. Also in this episode, drift-spec plane landings, unusual airline seat arrangements, Branson’s printed boarding pass, a celebrity spot at Santa Pod, sleeping in a Honda Element, terrible Chevrolets, a slightly boastful Daewoo Matiz being sold from a neat house, Richard’s ongoing Panda woes, the rare Kia Magentis atomatic, a night time roundabout incident, the problem with the Kia EV6 GT, motorway balloon chaos, very dusty van interiors, and airport vehicles with snorkels.patreon.com/smithandsniff
177. Skeletor's mk4 Supra01:03:05Jonny has had to cause to reflect on the life of He-Man. Also in this episode, misunderstanding the meaning of cosplay, a bad day to be wearing tweed, the drag racing phenomenon of Podface, replicas racing at the Revival, Steven Seagal fighting from a chair, Bryan Ferry having a nice sit down, Roger Moore running up the Eiffel Tower, a licence to kilt, Calvin Harris and a sweet Prelude 2.2, some eye-opening uses for Facebook Marketplace, Louis Theroux’s erroneous Fiesta RS Turbo, and being a rear view mirror dip refuser. Plus, Prince Williams, Marxist Spencer, cool Maseratis, and Jonny’s secret new car. patreon.com/smithandsniff
176. The moaning show58:24Jonny and Richard get a few things off their chests. Topics covered include a bizarre MG TF, Jag vandalism news, the best bit of the Ford S-Max, tap peril, strange banger racers, jumping a 1910s cars, French pronunciations in American, the VW ID. GTI concept, synthetic fuels, six annoying things about the Abarth 500e, strange subtitles, moving the entire podcast to Miami, the worst ever guest on Hot Ones, canal boating with DJ Khalid, a British donk, and the Toyota Century SUV. patreon.com/smithandsniff
175. A day at RADwood01:08:15Jonny and Richard are at Bicester Heritage for RADwood. Topics covered in this episode include buying a cheap Hammond organ, Richard being one of the judges in the Hot Wheels Legends competition, standing behind Terry Wogan, Honda NSXs and Ayrton Senna’s Algarve yachting-style slip-ons, a technical latrine, the shocking state of cubicle doors in American bathrooms, Jonny hanging out with Tavarish, the elusive brown Audi A2 of Bath/Bath, a strangely named cottage near Silverstone, being let down by Chris Hemsworth, an update on Volvo saloons and estates in the UK, a new Smith and Sniff planning service, the problem with racing drivers appearing on Top Gear, and Kimi Raikkonen going for a post-sauna jet ski. patreon.com/smithandsniff
174. The Nigel Mansell clearance sale01:02:32A former F1 champion is selling some amazing things. Also in this episode, a haunted VW T7 Multivan, a Lexus with a fault, a brief review of the ID.Buzz van, why the new BMW M2 is like a set of animal balls, Liam Neeson in Miami Vice, a wild horse Bedford Rascal at Mansell’s karting centre, more horribly mistreated Jaguars, a barn find dog incident, the mysterious Gibbons method, a Hero Honda update, vigilante plumbing, and Greg James out of Radio 1 sends us his Florence Welsh impersonation. patreon.com/smithandsniff
173. The Land Rovers of Longleat01:01:04Richard has been to a safari park. Also in this episode, Jonny shares news of his local no-name full suspension mountain bike guy, the joys of the Gower peninsular, an ideal cottage and cars combo, a family of plastic cladding enthusiasts, blaming monkeys for things, the rarity of the VW Lupo, an Alfa with an odd sticker, getting buzzed by a ruined RAV4, liking Martini livery but not Martini, another entry for Jag wrong ‘uns club, and a tribute to the late Harris Mann. patreon.com/smithandsniff
172. Wake me up before you R5 Turbo01:07:01Jonny and Richard remember the racing career of Andrew Ridgeley. Also in this episode, trying to remember the plot of Shaft, a towel-based dilemma, a John Wick theory from someone who’s never seen any of the John Wick films, news about Volvo’s decision to stop selling saloons and estates in the UK, a trip to depreciation corner, the problem with the new Toyota Land Cruiser, the cockroach car favoured by a professional mechanic, a K11 Micra doing a Morgan Aero 8 impression, the wonderful world of Kei cars, life in flip flops, a Timothy Dalton XK8, more news from headlight renouncers, the surprisingly large range of Brut products, and does that make sense? patreon.com/smithandsniff
171. Caterham guy01:05:06Jonny has been doing some traditional tillermanning. Also in this episode, leaving your own roof behind, how they make automatic transmission fluid, ETA shaving, entering a Premier Inn like a race winner, nice cloth seats in fancy cars, a surprisingly good Cupra, holiday golf cart incident, unusual hire cars, a listener’s tale of spotting an amazing X-Type, the rubbishness of the Golf R badge, terrible decals on expensive motorhomes, and buying a vehicle from a naturist. patreon.com/smithandsniff