Advanced Machine Engineering by Siemens Digital Industries
How to Make Your Factory Smarter
With technological advancements all around us in the manufacturing industry, it's important to understand how improving machinery operations is dependant upon making your factory smarter.
Today, in our fourth and final podcast of these series, Bill Davis — the Director of Industrial Machinery and Heavy Equipment Solutions at Siemens — and I, we're discussing the smart manufacturing techniques to use to improve machine assembly, shop layouts, and process simulation.
So, listen to the Final Episode of Siemens PLM Podcast series, to learn how to be more efficient in terms of generating more cash and reducing the quality problems overall, with the help of the digital twin.
In this episode, you will learn:
- How to make sure you get the right parts to the right spot on the assembly floor at the right time. (01:53)
- Why process simulation is important for continuous improvement. (02:55)
- Why scheduling machines and multiple product lines at the same time is as important as the individual assembly process. (05:12)
- What you can do to bring a machine into the commissionable state as quickly as possible so that you don’t have idle time for your cash. (06:30)
- Examples of use cases where companies have implemented the simulation and seen a reduction in errors and time, while an increase in cash flow. (09:49)
- What closed-loop quality is and how does it work. (14:29)