Advanced Machine Engineering by Siemens Digital Industries
Adopting Virtual Machine Simulation and Commissioning
In our last two podcasts, we talked about the evolution of technology within the machinery industry, key trends that continue to shape the industry today, and we introduced the Advanced Machine Engineering solution at a high level by taking a deep dive into one of the three key differentiators - multi-disciplinary design.
Today, our expert in the series, Bill, focuses the discussion around virtual machine simulation and commissioning and how machine manufacturers are implementing this approach to improve the quality and reduce delivery time for highly complex machines.
Bill Davis is the Director of Industrial Machinery & Heavy Equipment Solutions at Siemens Digital Industries Software, working to help industrial machinery customers and heavy equipment customers improve innovation and profitability through the application of the Siemens portfolio. His background is in automation, converting, and packaging machinery. His 30 years of experience in engineering and management positions have shaped how he helps their customers and their go-to-market strategy.
So, listen to Episode 3 of the Siemens Podcast on Advanced Machine Engineering, where we talk about the importance of adopting and integrating virtual machine simulation and commissioning into the manufacturing process.
Questions I ask:
- What is virtual machine simulation and commissioning? (01:51)
- What are the simulation approaches that are being leveraged to address the challenges? (08:01)
- What are some of the benefits for the manufacturers that incorporate this virtual machine simulation and commissioning approach and integrate it into their manufacturing process? (16:16)
In this episode, you will learn:
- The challenges that machine builders are currently facing. (03:21)
- The advantages of simulating the machine’s performance in a virtual world. (13:53)
Connect with Bill: