The Voice of Smart Digital Manufacturing
How Are The Key Trends In Electronics Manufacturing Affecting Digitalization Strategies
Complexity driven by customization is one of the biggest challenges that manufacturers are facing today. It has led to a shift in how companies approach batch sizing, suppliers validation, and product packaging, among others. However, this has also led to an acceleration in the digital transformation of manufacturing floors which, in turn, has increased optimization of production resources.
I’m your host, Bettina Pruemper, with Siemens Global Marketing, and today I’m joined by Oren Manor, Director of Business Development for Digital Manufacturing at Siemens Digital Industries Software. He’ll help us understand the current state of electronics manufacturing and how to resolve the challenges facing the industry.
In this episode, you’ll learn about the short-term and long-term impact of the pandemic on the electronics industry. You’ll also get to understand the challenges that increased customization has brought to the industry and how they are being resolved. Join us to get a clear picture of where the industry is and what we can expect to see from it in the future.
What You’ll Learn in this Episode:
- Key trends in the electronic manufacturing industry in 2021 (04:11)
- Factors impacting the electronic manufacturing industry (08:18)
- Benefits of a digitalized manufacturing floor (09:55)
- How to transition to high mix-manufacturing efficiently (14:09)
- How to resolve the challenge of increased product complexity (16:12)
- How to deal with increased product electrification (17:25)
Connect with Oren Manor:
Connect with Bettina Pruemper: