Small Town Secrets
13. ANOTHER SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT (SMALL TOWN SECRETS IN THE BIG CITY)04:17New job, new place new city, I'll be back when I can.
12. A SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT (I'M GOING ON A BREAK)04:55Taking a break for the rest of the year, I'll be back on the air on January 8th.
6. Matton, IL/ Pascagoula, MS43:20Burger King. It was here that the “Mad Gasser” would grip the town in fear for a few weeks in 1944.Wikipedia article about Mattoon, IllinoisWikipedia article about Mad Gasser of Mattoonamericanhauntingsink.com/madgasserjg-tc.com/news/author-claims-to-have-solved-mystery-of-mad-gassers-identity/article_2a2b65fc-91c3-5bb6-b989-dd2f9ed2a5e2.htmlatsdr.cdc.gov/csem/carbon-tetrachloride/toxicological_effects.htmlDuring WWII Pascagoula’s population tripled overnight. This small coastal town mostly known for its fishing soon became a hub for the war effort, churning out battleships. This surge of growth brought many strangers to town, but none stranger then the phantom barber of Pascagoula.blog.newspapers.com/the-phantom-barber-of-pascagoula/historyofyesterday.com/the-phantom-barber-of-pascagoula-e4c9a21ba2bfmentalfloss.com/article/55316/strange-states-mississippis-phantom-barber-pascagoula
5. Granite Falls, WA/ Kapahulu, HI44:39You can follow the show on Twitter (@stscast) or Facebook, (@stscast.fb) or on Instagram (@stscast.gram)Check out Patreon at, https://www.patreon.com/STScastThis week's featured podcast is All Things Dreams Be sure to check out Straight Up Strange Productions for more great pods!Granite Falls started as a homestead in 1883 but soon grew into a town with a post office and a general store. They saw a large boom in 1889 when gold was discovered in the Cascade Mountains. Today the town has a modest population of 3,364. It’s a quiet peaceful place but in the early 2000s, the peace was shattered on East Stanley Street. Wikipedia article about Granite Falls, Washingtonheraldnet.com/news/man-gets-five-years-in-neighbors-death/Fear Thy Neighbor, Season 6 Episode 9 Mailbox Madness imdb.com/title/tt10392870/?ref_=ttep_ep9The small neighborhood of Kapahulu sits in between Waikiki Beach and the Diamond Head volcano. Its name means “worn out soul” or perhaps “the nightmare”. The name “nightmare” may be very apt because of a man named Jerry Hannel.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/1885683/kapahulu/nbcnews.com/news/us-news/neighbor-wanted-hawaii-cop-killing-suspect-evicted-years-ago-n1120101staradvertiser.com/2020/01/19/breaking-news/2-honolulu-police-officers-shot-near-diamond-head/Fear Thy Neighbor, Season 7 Episode 1 Hell in Hawaii imdb.com/title/tt14161510/?ref_=ttep_ep1
4. Eagle River, WI/ High Bridge, NJ49:07You can follow the show on Twitter (@stscast) or Facebook, (@stscast.fb) or on Instagram (@stscast.gram)Check out Patreon at, https://www.patreon.com/STScastThis week's featured podcast is Spooky Science Sisters Be sure to check out Straight Up Strange Productions for more great pods!The small city of Eagle River is the county seat of Vilas County Wisconsin. It boasts a population of 1,398. Eagle River was the first Native American settlement in the area. In 1961 it was the place to be if you needed some alien space pancakes.Wikipedia article about Eagle River, Wisconsinforteana.freeservers.commilwaukeemag.com/stories-of-strange-and-unusual-ufo-sightings-in-wisconsin/High Bridge is a borough located in northwestern New Jersey. There is not much to say about this little town unless you count the stories of Alien Contactee Howard Menger.Wikipedia article about High Bridge, New Jerseyweirdnj.com/stories/unexplained-phenomena/howard-menger-high-bridge/Fate Magazine Issue # 737 “Top UFO Contactees by Timothy Green Beckley” fatemag.com
11. STS Back Roads Freebie #3 (Hansen's Hunting Trip)23:36Since I wasn't able to upload the main show this week. Here's this most recent episode of Back Roads. Make sure to listen to 7.03 it'll probably help. Be sure to check out the Patreon for more bonus content.n July of 1970 Hansen released his own magazine article. It was in Saga Magazine and it was titled “I Killed the Apeman of Whiteface”.Is this the true origin of the Minnesota Iceman?Neanderthal: The Strange Saga of the Minnesota Iceman, by Bernard Heuvelmans. Anomalist Books ( © 2016) “NEANDERTHAL Strange Saga Minnesota Iceman ebook” on Amazon
3. Rollingstone, MN/ La Fria, VEN01:26:47You can follow the show on Twitter (@stscast) or Facebook, (@stscast.fb) or on Instagram (@stscast.gram)Check out Patreon at, https://www.patreon.com/STScastThis week's featured podcast is Oddball Aussie Be sure to check out Straight Up Strange Productions for more great pods!Rollingstone Minnesota… has a Minimart. That’s it, that’s all I’ve got. However, back in 1969 this little town became the center of attention for any big-foot researcher or cryptozoologist in the country. It was the home of the Minnesota Iceman.Wikipedia article about Rollingstone, MinnesotaWikipedia article about Ivan T. SandersonWikipedia article about Bernard Heuvelmanscryptidz.fandom.com/wiki/Minnesota_Icemancryptozoologymuseum.commuseumoftheweird.comNeanderthal: The Strange Saga of the Minnesota Iceman, by Bernard Heuvelmans. Anomalist Books ( © 2016) “NEANDERTHAL Strange Saga Minnesota Iceman ebook” on AmazonThe tiny town of La Fria in Venezuela lies among the Rio La Grita River. It was here in that in 1917 François de Loys went in search of oil but he came back with something else.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fran%C3%A7ois_de_Loyscryptidz.fandom.com/wiki/Dey_Loy's_Apeforbes.com/sites/davidbressan/2016/01/31/de-loys-ape-was-a-well-played-anthropological-fraud/?sh=3b39677c4d25Local Headlinesexpress.co.uk/news/uk/1498489/teamdogs-dog-ghostbostonglobe.com/2021/09/23/metro/sale-one-conjuring-house-slightly-haunted/Your Small Town Secretslinktr.ee/EncountersWithDarkness
2. Ossett, ENG/ Brookfield, CT57:06You can follow the show on Twitter or Facebook @stscast, or on Instagram@stscast.gramCheck out Patreon at, https://www.patreon.com/STScastThis week's featured podcast is the Weird Tales Radio Show Be sure to check out Straight Up Strange Productions for more great pods!The town of Ossett has a population of around 21,000. It’s part of the West Riding of Yorkshire. Some might remember it for the bombs that accidentally dropped there during WWII but most remember it for the horrifying crimes of Micheal Taylor.Wikipedia article about Ossettgrunge.com/228121/the-truth-behind-the-exorcism-of-michael-taylor/dreadcentral.com/news/401927/dread-the-unsolved-takes-on-the-exorcism-of-michael-taylor/open.spotify.com/episode/2KM5EKGYwhdx8GzZdGPeTkBrookfield is a small Connecticut town that rests within the foothills of the Berkshire Mountains in the southwest corner of the state. In the ’70s and '80’s the little town saw its population swell as many from nearby larger towns started moving out of the city. This is what Arne Johnson and Debra Glatzel did, little did they know what was to come.Wikipedia article about Brookfield, Connecticutoxygen.com/true-crime-buzz/conjuring-the-devil-made-me-do-it-and-arne-johnsons-trialallthatsinteresting.com/arne-cheyenne-johnsonWikipedia article about Trial of Arne Cheyenne JohnsonA Haunting: S2, Ep 6 imdb.com/title/tt0796708/?ref_=ttep_ep6Local Headlineswbontv.com/2021/09/13/rpd-man-shoots-gun-at-local-hotel-after-seeing-aliens/coasttocoastam.com/article/loch-ness-monster-spotted-on-sonar/
10. STS Backroads Freebie #2 (The Zanfretta Encounter)!27:16Check out this free episode of STS Backroads!. You can find this and more over at my Patreon.You can follow the show on Twitter or Facebook @stscast, or on Instagram@stscast.gramCheck out Patreon at, https://www.patreon.com/STScastDecember 6th of 1978 was a frigid one in the Italian village of Torriglia. It would also be the night that Pier Zanfretta’s life would be forever changed.Wikipedia article about Torrigliacryptidz.fandom.com/wiki/Zanfretta's_Aliensrinodistefano.com/en/books/the-zanfretta-case.phpYouTube video (iLUp-oE_Qnk)