Cloud Cuckooland (w/ Alex Holder)
"We're going to get charged with every crime imaginable." So said the White House Counsel, Patrick Cipollone on January 6th to White House staffer Cassidy Hutchinson. The 26 year old former Deputy to Chief of Staff Mark Meadows, Hutchinson presented some of the most jaw dropping testimony yet to the January 6th Committee. Recounting how Trump was informed that morning that supporters of his with guns had gathered for his rally but were being refused admission because the weapons would be picked up by the metal detectors, or MAGs as they were known, that are always present for an event with the President. Trump in turn demanded that the MAGs be removed saying, according to Hutchinson, "They're not here to hurt me." And when later informed that the rioters were shouting, "Hang Mike Pence," Trump purportedly said that Pence, "deserved it." Trump of course has denied Hutchinson's sworn testimony, calling her, "a total phony." And some parts of what she had to say is now being disputed by someone close to the Secret Service. Has her account strengthened the case for the prosecution of Trump? And what more does the committee have in store? We talk to one of the panel's witnesses, British documentarian Alex Holder.
- Alex Holder, (@alexjholder), Award-winning documentary filmmaker including the upcoming Docu-series Unprecedented on Discovery+
- Michael Isikoff (@Isikoff), Chief Investigative Correspondent, Yahoo News
- Daniel Klaidman (@dklaidman), Editor in Chief, Yahoo News
- Victoria Bassetti (@vbass), Senior Advisor at States United, Author of Electoral Dysfunction
- Details about Alex Holder's upcoming Docu-series Unprecedented - Here.
- Who is Cassidy Hutchinson - Here.
Follow us on Twitter: @SkullduggeryPod
Email us with feedback, questions or tips: SkullduggeryPod@yahoo.com.