Sex, Love & Elephants with Dr. Cheryl
NOT COMPATIBLE? Change Your Mind, Not Your Mate- Summer of Love Part 5
“Dr. Cheryl… My partner and I are not compatible. Are we doomed??” My Summer of Love couples Q&A series is back for part 5, answering another question from a listener just like you. Today, I’m talking about introverts, extroverts, and extroverted introverts. I’m also telling you that YES, it is possible to make things work between two very different people and how compatibility begins in the mind.
Do YOU have a question about Sex, Love, and Relationships you would like me to answer on the podcast this summer? Email it to email@example.com with the subject line “Podcast Question.” Give me a little background about your relationship, ask your question, and tell me if I can use your name or if you’d like to remain anonymous. :)
Are you ready to reconnect with your honey? To create love and passion that last a lifetime? Join the Become Passion waitlist and hear more about the program! This twelve-week immersion couples program with me, Dr. Cheryl, starts this October.
Want to know more? Check out the Become Passion testimonials for reviews from actual couples that I’ve helped through this profound program.
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- An introvert replenishes with quiet and solitude (03:20)
- Compatibility with your partner is all in your head (10:08)
- You can be rapturously happy, deeply in love, and have an extraordinary relationship—even if you are wildly different people (11:39)
- Oftentimes the differences aren’t the problem... The problems come when we fail at our approach (16:40)
- If you focus on the ways you’re not compatible—on the big and small irritations—you will fester a growing wound (19:22)
- This week’s LoveByte (26:31)
I’m an introverted homebody and my partner is an extroverted social butterfly… will our relationship last? Compatibility is a choice and a behavior that begins in the mind. It’s completely up to the two of you whether you can make things work. Learn more about the decision to be compatible in my Become Passion- Create Love That Lasts a Lifetime course.
Want to learn more about Buddhism and Love relationships? Check out my book Buddha’s Bedroom