Sentimental Garbage is a podcast hosted by Caroline O'Donoghue about the culture we love that society can sometimes make us feel ashamed of. Formerly a chick-lit podcast, sometimes a Sex and the City podcast. We don't know the most, we feel the most.
1. Weddings pt II with Ella Risbridger01:20:51Last season, we opened the season on Weddings, where we talked about planning, hen parties, dresses and the cultural expectations of being a bride. Now we've had the wedding, what have we *learned*? Maid of Honour and longterm friend of the pod Ella Risbridger comes back to discuss the wins, losses and lessons of...Caroline's wedding.
View all episodes
29. Barbie with Jen Cownie01:05:20We're coming back off break to offer our opinions on the most formative Sentimental Garbage there is, Barbie. Caroline and Jen talk about their early memories of Barb, Greta Gerwig's new movie, the hunk-to-hero trajectory and the ascendancy of Ryan Silly Gooseling. The Rachel Incident by Caroline O'Donoghue is available everywhere now. Jen Cownie's Wild Card: Let The Tarot Tell Your Story is everywhere too.
28. Caroline on the Straight Up podcast! (& news!)01:12:25Hey everyone! Caroline's been on tour with The Rachel Incident so the Straight Up girls have kindly agreed to allow their podcast to feature on the Sentimental Garbage feed. It's a really fun episode where we talk about all kinds of pop culture, including Sex and the City, Fleishman is in Trouble, Brooke Shields, and much more. This is the final episode of Sentimental Garbage for this season, please enjoy the break and your summer! Straight Up is the weekly podcast hosted by journalists Kathleen and Ellie that debriefs on all the juiciest happenings in celebrity and pop culture. They have guests on twice a month, which other than me have included Sean Paul, Sophie Ellis-Bextor, Akon, Pandora Sykes, Amelia Dimoldenberg and Aitch… and they always record over cocktails! Their episode this week is all about Barbie’s insane marketing plan, chaotic celebrity divorces, Idris Elba's new thriller series and The Idol finale.
27. Twilight with Maisie Peters01:03:20An ancient, deathless vampire attempts to woo a young woman. And also, we talk about about Twilight. Maisie Peters album, The Good Witch, is out now! Caroline O'Donoghue's book The Rachel Incident is out now also
26. The Rachel Incident with Dolly Alderton01:15:19*SPOILERS FROM 48 MINS ONWARDS*Friend of the pod Dolly Alderton returns to interview me about The Rachel Incident, the latest novel from Caroline O'Donoghue (me) Order The Rachel Incident: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Clare-Caroline-ODonoghue/dp/0349013551/ref=sr_1_1?crid=2LAN076BK3XQ&keywords=the+rachel+incident+caroline+o%27donoghue&qid=1687367028&sprefix=the+rache%2Caps%2C477&sr=8-1https://www.waterstones.com/book/the-rachel-incident/caroline-odonoghue/9780349013558https://store.virago.co.uk/products/the-rachel-incident
25. Girls Just Wanna Have Fun with Tom McInnes52:38Tom McInnes is back for the ultimate test of this podcast's entire premise. Namely, can two people have an incredibly long and feelings-y chat about a three minute pop song from 1983? Let's see x
24. Midnight pt II with Jen Cownie01:15:04It's been a big week to be a Taylor Swift fan, so we're back for a second go of Midnights with Jen Cownie. We talk the bonus extras, the great ironies of “The Great War”, the Blake Lively fan fiction on “Bigger than the Whole Sky”, real Paris vs American Paris, and much much more. Also: what exactly DID happen to Caroline's Instagram? Apologies about the sound quality, the ever evolving narrative around Taylor meant we had to record this episode in a tin box. SENTIMENTAL GARBAGE LIVE(London) with Dolly Alderton: waterstones.com/events/sentimental-garbage-with-dolly-alderton-and-caroline-odonoghue-at-waterstones-piccadilly/london-piccadillySENTIMENTAL GARBAGE LIVE (Dublin) with Sophie White: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/caroline-odonoghues-sentimental-garbage-podcast-live-dublin-event-tickets-646891288257?aff=ebdssbcategorybrowse