SAP Concur Conversations
'Year in Review' with SAP Concur - Episode 1
Season 4, Ep. 7
Join us for a series of 4 short podcasts to learn about our achievements in 2022, discover what is coming on the product roadmap, and hear from our customers and industry experts! Listen to the first episode with the EMEA Managing Director at SAP Concur, sharing his reflections on the achievements and learnings of 2022.
10. More Productivity, Less Paperwork: How AP Automation Revolutionizes Business Operations29:45Change is hard. But what if the pain of the same was greater than the pain of change? When it comes to accounts payable (AP) automation, this is the question businesses should be asking.Automation is arguably one of the more controversial topics of recent times, evoking visceral reactions and strong opinions alike. Perhaps that’s why although AP automation has the power to increase operational efficiency, visibility, and control, all while reducing complexity, fewer than 20% of businesses have fully automated AP processes, and 70% of all invoice processing globally is still paper based. So, what’s stopping businesses from going all in on AP automation, or at the very least taking the first step towards automating their time-consuming AP processes?In this episode of the SAP Concur Conversations podcast, Chris Elmore, Chief Evangelist of AvidXchange, explores this question, and provides colorful commentary about how the AP profession has evolved, the optimization opportunities AP automation opens for organizations, and how automation forces organizations to be more strategic and intentional with where and how they spend their time and resources.
9. 'Year in Review' with SAP Concur - Episode 315:06Listen to the third episode of our 'Year in Review' series and hear from an award-winning psychologist & HR expert to learn how process automation can boost employee experience in the current cost-of-living crisis.
8. 'Year in Review' with SAP Concur - Episode 213:45Listen to our second episode of 'Year in Review' this time we are chatting to the Head of Product at SAP Concur, where we learn more about the products and solutions SAP Concur has in store for 2023 and how they can help your organisation.
6. Policy with Purpose: How to Create a Travel Program that Meets Both Employer and Employee Needs with Fox World Travel22:05As the role of corporate travel managers has evolved from gatekeepers of travel policy to crafters of value-rich, culture-aligned business travel experiences, there is a growing need to shift the mentality around travel policies and programs to meet these new expectations. The “set it and forget it” mentality of years past is not only outdated, but inadequate. Today’s travel policies — and the policies of tomorrow —must be agile, regularly reviewed and adjusted, and created in support of company goals and in alignment with company culture.In this episode of the SAP Concur Conversations podcast, Ben Claxton, Online Technology Manager for Fox World Travel, and Jeff Saydah, Director of Global Client Solutions for Fox World Travel, share the “secret sauce” for building a world-class travel program (spoiler: your travel program is NOT a rotisserie chicken), detail how to leverage data to inform travel policy and program decisions, break down how to measure the success of your travel policy and program, and discuss how the best programs both shape and are shaped by company culture.
5. From Historian to Soothsayer: How CFOs Can Future-Ready Their Organizations in the Age of Complexity31:10In recent years, the role of financial leaders has evolved from historian to soothsayer, and yet CFOs don’t have a crystal ball to predict the future. Whether it’s optimizing operations and upping productivity or accelerating growth and addressing sustainability, today’s CFOs are being asked to drive enterprise reinvention and navigate an overwhelming number of complex decisions. It’s “to the point where 68% of CFOs are driving three or more enterprise-wide transformation initiatives in parallel,” says Aneel Delawalla, who leads Accenture’s CFO and enterprise value strategy practice. With the increasing weight of large-scale organizational decisions resting on their shoulders, how can CFOs rethink the ways they approach business challenges and productively and proactively guide their organizations through transformation? How should they reassess and reimagine their decision-making to activate change more effectively? And how can they maximize the effectiveness of their strategic decision-making to better navigate today’s fast-paced and complex business environment, and better ready their organizations for the challenges ahead? In this episode of the SAP Concur Conversations podcast, Aneel Delawalla, Managing Director of Accenture Strategy, CFO & Enterprise Value, and Paul Carr, Accenture’s HXM Ecosystem Lead for Solutions, explore how CFOs can make better, faster, and more strategic decisions that will future-ready their organizations and set the stage for success.
4. Duty of Care: Protecting Your Travelers Protects Your Bottom Line with Deloitte35:25Over the past few years, employee wellness has taken center stage as leaders are increasingly expected to weave wellness into the fabric of their companies. And that’s exactly why duty of care — an organization’s legal obligation to protect employees from harm — matters. When business leaders create a safe environment for their employees, it establishes employee trust and loyalty. Beyond that, predicting risk, taking preventative measures, and responding quickly to crises help maintain business continuity. The bottom line? Businesses are beginning to view duty of care as a strategic tool to protect their workers while strengthening and sustaining their organization. In this episode of the SAP Concur Conversations podcast, Oren Geshuri of Deloitte explores what it means to keep employees safe in a complex world and how top business leaders embed employee wellness into their travel programs and incorporate duty of care into their company culture.
3. Rewriting the Rules: How the Next Generation Is Shaping the Future of Business Travel28:49A new era of business travelers is upon us, and they don’t play by the same rules as the generations before them. With Gen Z on track to comprise roughly 30% of the workforce by 2030, bringing with them an entirely different set of expectations, organizations must be prepared to evolve the employee experience to meet these new expectations that aren’t just anticipated — they’re inevitable. How can organizations evolve their travel and expense (T&E) program from a recovery state to one of resilience and adaptability for these next generations as they enter, and will soon dominate, the workforce? Find out in this episode of the SAP Concur Conversations podcast as thirty-year travel industry expert and resident thought leader, Ralph Colunga, breaks down how organizations can ready themselves for the next era of business travelers — and why they should.Transcript |
2. The Magic of Keeping It Simple: Implementing Travel, Expense, and Invoice Automation31:30As an implementation partner and reseller, Flexso has had great success in helping customers integrate Concur, SuccessFactors, and other SAP systems. The secret to that success? “It's in the small things,” said Roeland Vanbeselaere, Project Manager at Flexso, as he described the importance of being able to log in smoothly and swiftly to back-office, finance systems – especially as a first-time employee on the job. Join us for this episode as we dive into the importance of system integration and how project management experts at Flexso help put the customer in the driver’s seat.