The Sakara Life Podcast
Eating To Beat Disease with Dr. William Li
Did you know that every time we sit down to eat a meal, our nutritional choices have the power to make a lasting impact on our health and our body’s ability to fight off disease? If not, this episode is for you! We are joined by the brilliant Dr. William Li, who is a member of Sakara’s Science Council and is a renowned scientist and author. In this episode, we discuss his book, Eat To Beat Disease, and the connection between our plate and our body’s health. He outlines our 5 different defense systems and how we can eat strategically to make these as strong as possible. We also discuss some of our favorite superfoods (including coffee!) and the role they play in staving off cancer and ensuring optimal health.
View all episodes
- 27:28Prune Harris is back to share the magic that happens inside of us when we tune into our Body Intelligence and nourish ourselves with high-vibrational food. Prune shares:How our bodies respond to food (before we’ve even eaten it) and how we can learn to listen to ourselves moreHow food responds to OUR energySimple practices for harmonizing our energy before eating to ensure we get the most nourishment out of every mealAbout Prune:Prune Harris has grown up in a world of energy, and for the past 50 years, she has been tracking, understanding, and now translating this world for us all to experience. Prune has trained with healers, elders, and wisdom holders throughout the world and is certified in Touch For Health Kinesiology, Eden Energy Medicine, and Celtic and Norse Shamanism. For 20 years Prune worked as a clinical practitioner, dedicating her skills and gifts to helping those who needed to heal physically, emotionally or spiritually. Through her in-person and online courses, her social media presence, her membership, YouTube channel, and best selling book ‘Your Radiant Soul - Understand Your Energy to Transform Your World’, Prune has empowered thousands of people across the globe to bring consciousness to their energy systems and make small yet powerful changes that elicit real change in their lives. IG: https://www.instagram.com/pruneharris/
97. The Energetic Superpower We’re All Born With + How to Cultivate It With Prune Harris01:00:44Energy expert, consciousness educator, and soul activist Prune Harris teaches us about energy, and how we can use it to feel more deeply connected into the incredible magnificence of the world that we live in.Prune shares:The near-death experience that completely changed her lifeHow seeing and being perceptive to energy is something we are all capable ofHow connecting to our energetic anatomy can help us live in our truthHow we can each begin to see and understand our own energetic anatomy & that of those around usPractices to support your energy anatomy so that actually you bring your energy system more and more in balanceThe meaning of our soul color and what it can tell us about ourselvesAbout Prune:Prune Harris has grown up in a world of energy, and for the past 50 years, she has been tracking, understanding, and now translating this world for us all to experience. Prune has trained with healers, elders, and wisdom holders throughout the world and is certified in Touch For Health Kinesiology, Eden Energy Medicine, and Celtic and Norse Shamanism. For 20 years Prune worked as a clinical practitioner, dedicating her skills and gifts to helping those who needed to heal physically, emotionally or spiritually. Through her in-person and online courses, her social media presence, her membership, YouTube channel, and best selling book ‘Your Radiant Soul - Understand Your Energy to Transform Your World’, Prune has empowered thousands of people across the globe to bring consciousness to their energy systems and make small yet powerful changes that elicit real change in their lives. IG: https://www.instagram.com/pruneharris/
96. Can Food Help Us Fight Anxiety? with Dr. Uma Naidoo46:43Today we are excited to welcome back Dr. Uma Naidoo to discuss one of the most widespread mental health conditions of the past few years: Anxiety.Dr. Uma Naidoo is a Harvard-trained psychiatrist and nutrition specialist whose practice advocates for us all to evaluate how the lifestyle and nutrition choices we make impact not only our body, but our mental health. Her newest book, Calm Your Mind With Food, takes her work one step further with science-backed, practical guidance designed to shed some light on what she calls “the anxiety epidemic”. In our conversation we dive into the specifics on how food, gut-health, and inflammation all connect to anxiety and chronic mental health disorders, while also sharing some of the tools, strategies, and foods that can help us battle our chronic anxiety and bring more calm into our lives. https://www.instagram.com/drumanaidoo/
95. Laying the Foundation For Our Best Year Yet with Danielle and Whitney53:14As we usher in a new year, Danielle and Whitney settle in for their first solo episode in almost two years. During what can feel like a very complicated or overwhelming time for many, Danielle shares what she's learned over the past 10 years that allows her to embrace January with joy rather than fear. Her and Whitney discuss the power of surrender, the importance of building a strong foundation (and what that means), plus what's currently in their toolkits and what it means to practice "soulcare". The two of them then take turns answering a few of their favorite audience questions in a not-so rapid-fire style Q&A.
94. A Voyage Into The Quantum Realm With Dr. Catherine Clinton55:55Today we’re excited to be speaking with Dr. Catherine Clinton, a licensed naturopathic physician, to explore the fascinating world of quantum biology. Dr. Catherine, who specializes in gut health, autoimmunity, and psychoneuroimmunology, guides us through many of her profound insights and cutting-edge research around the application of quantum theory to our macro and microbiology. From understanding the importance of connecting with nature to the structure of our water and how light impacts our hormones, this is an episode that will undoubtedly alter your view of the world and life as we know it. We hope you’ll join us on this enlightening journey into the quantum realm. Dr. Catherine's Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/dr.catherineclinton/Dr. Catherine's Website: https://www.drcatherineclinton.com/
93. Challenging Chronic Illness Conventions with The Medical Medium55:03Today on the Sakara Life podcast we have the pleasure of speaking with the one and only Anthony William, more famously known as the Medical Medium. Anthony is the visionary force behind the healing journeys of countless individuals worldwide, with a mission deeply rooted in compassion and an unyielding commitment to helping the chronically ill. His medium abilities, deemed unorthodox by many, serve as a guiding light as he unravels the intricate connections between heavy metal detoxification, viruses, and chronic diseases. In this episode, we have the privilege of diving into Anthony's world, where his wisdom challenges conventional beliefs and offers a unique perspective on wellbeing.
92. The Ozempic Factor With Dr. Elizabeth Sharp54:11In today's episode we asked Dr. Elizabeth Sharp to talk to us about the science behind Ozempic, Wegovy, and other GLP-1 medications for weight loss. She’s a board-certified Internal Medicine Physician and an Institute for Functional Medicine Certified Practitioner, as well as the founder and CEO of Health Meets Wellness medical practice in New York City, specializing in weight management.We delve into the differences that losing the right weight can have on your body, and what safe weight management looks like in practice. We hope you find this conversation informative and empowering as you consider if and how Ozempic and other GLP-1 medications may factor into your approach to weight management.+ Be sure to listen all the way through to hear 1-on-1 commentary from Danielle and Whitney after the episode.
91. Unlearning The Hormone Status Quo With Alisa Vitti59:35When we started Sakara more than ten years ago, we began a lifelong process of unlearning societal myths surrounding women's nutrition and wellness. For this episode, we’re excited to welcome back our friend who challenges the status quo for women’s gynecological and hormone health: Alisa Vitti.Alisa is a public health educator, best-selling author, and femtech founder of Flo Living and top-ranked MyFlo app—both designed to help women understand and manage their hormones naturally from their first period to their last. She was the guest on our podcast for Episode 17, “End Unnecessary Hormonal Suffering with Alisa Vitti,” and we highly recommend finding it in your feed and giving it a listen as well.We hope you enjoy our conversation with Alisa on why she looks to menstrual cycles as our fifth vital sign; why she’ll never give up her mission to help all those who have periods see theirs as a gift; and her answers to some of our listeners’ most-asked questions about perimenopause, hormonal birth control, and so much more.
90. Standing In Your Menopausal Power With Dr. Aviva Romm53:46At Sakara, we’re on a mission to give you the tools that empower you to be in the driver's seat of your own health so you can turn your thoughts to things and your dreams into reality, through all stages of your life.One of those stages for women is menopause, and one of the ways we can empower ourselves is through information. That’s why we asked our dear friend, physician, midwife, and herbalist, Dr. Aviva Romm, back on the podcast to discuss some of the tools available to help us take charge of our menopausal health.In this episode, Dr. Romm shares with us the science driving common signs of menopause, tips to optimize your hormonal well-being, and why she believes this life stage is not one of self-minimization, but instead of great self-realization, and expansion.