The Rodcast - Property, Business, Investment
Financing Developments with Ian Humphreys - Brickflow
Financing Developments is a key part of the deal. However, it takes a lot of time to find good lenders since each lender has different policies and parameters as to what they can lend and under what terms.
In this episode, we will be joined by Ian Humphreys, co-founder, and head of Brickflow ―the very first online search engine for development finance in the UK. Ian will highlight the importance of having Brickflow to make the financing experience better and efficient through connecting borrowers and lenders efficiently without replacing real agents in the industry.
Listen to this podcast to be informed of the new and efficient way of financing developments in the digital world!
● Ian's background in finance and what led him to start Brickflow.
● Efficiency of finding a lender through Brickflow
● Keeping equity required for deals low and debt to the minimum rate
● Term financing and exits.
● Institutional investors in the market.
● The cost of equity vs the cost of debt.
● Are brokers becoming redundant?
● Changing yields from residential properties.
● Build to Rent Opportunity
● Opportunity for developers in the current market
● Digitizing processes to adapt to the changes online
● Why now is a great time for SME's to compete with the bigger boys.
● Technology as aids to easier and time-saving processing
● Challenges of online search engines for development finance
● Biggest risk of the business and how to mitigate it