Tim James on contactless payments in store
TAGR is an exciting new start up that aims to shake up the boundaries between brick-and-mortar and online retail. This week Dominique explores how to succeed in a start up, picking your co-founder, and how to pay for your shopping cart with a QR code.
Stay tuned for the second half (20:02), where Dr Jason Pallant from Swinburne University of Technology joins Producer Bec to give us a deep dive on three retail studies on sustainability, inspired by Costa and Kirsten from Designerex.
View all episodes
11. Emma Clegg & Molly Rogers: Diversity & inclusivity in fashion48:56Last month, attendees at the Australian Fashion Week were left teary-eyed after a moving and stunning runway by JAM the Label. Dominique chats with founders Emma and Molly, who have transitioned from occupational therapists to one of Australia's leading inclusive clothing retailers. Their story is amazing!Stay tuned for the second half (28:02), where Dr Jason Pallant from Swinburne University of Technology joins Producer Bec to give us a deep dive on three retail studies on omnichannel retail - everything you need to know to marry your online and offline offerings.Reports:Perceived Omnichannel Customer Experience (OCX): Concept, measurement, and impact - https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0022435922000239Informational Challenges in Omnichannel Marketing: Remedies and Future Research - https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/full/10.1177/0022242920968810 Self-selection and purchase value of research shoppers - https://www.emerald.com/insight/content/doi/10.1108/IJRDM-12-2019-0387/full/html
10. Beth Glancey: The second life of clothing with AirRobe30:11Beth Glancey has made her journey through some of the most respected and beloved retail brands in Australia, including David Jones and Sephora. Find out about her amazing career, her pivot into the tech marketplace AirRobe, and how circularity in fashion is changing the way our consumers engage with our brands.
8. Costa Koulis & Kirsten Kore: How renting a dress on Facebook turned into a sustainability marketplace31:57Designerex is the world's largest peer to peer designer dress sharing platform, born from Kirsten's attempt in 2016 to rent a dress on Facebook. Hear about Kirsten and Costa's journey from real estate to building one of Australia's best sustainability marketplaces and how to generate profit from pieces in your wardrobe.
7. Dominique Lamb: What international retail is doing at the World Retail Congress31:52Dominique is the interviewee this week as she recaps the many wonderful insights at the World Retail Congress in Rome. Learn about her trips to Fendi, Bulgari, IKEA and more and how they're bucking the notion of the high street for luxury brands, what conscious consumerism is and more.Also, we're introducing a new segment starting over the next few weeks - stay tuned to hear more about the Retail Research Recap with Dr Jason Pallant from Swinburne University of Technology.
6. Gabby Leibovich: Founder of Catch.com and pioneer of eCommerce28:37Want to know how to build businesses worth $1 billion? On today's episode of the Retail Smarts podcast, Dominique interviews Gabby Leibovich, founder of such brands including Catch.com, Scoopon, and EatNow. A true Australian success story, Gabby and his brother built a business from selling a few items on eBay and knowing just how important relationships are with suppliers and customers.
5. Martin Newman: Interview with the Consumer Champion31:16Burberry, Ted Baker and Harrods - for the past 37 years, Martin Newman has been heading up massive omnichannel operations for these world-renowned brands. Martin Newman is a globally renowned keynote speaker, columnist, author, expert and advisor on customer-centric transformation and consumer experience. Dominique was excited to discuss how "good" customer service looks online, the value of your human resources when delivering good customer service, whether we should have CX best practice across industry, and much more.Follow us on social media:https://www.facebook.com/NationalRetailAssociationhttps://www.linkedin.com/company/national-retail-associationhttps://twitter.com/OZretailershttps://www.instagram.com/nationalretailassociation/https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-QjrmP7s5is7-YUpsuac2A
4. Senator Sarah Hanson-Young: A special International Women's Day episode30:00Today we bring a special episode in honour of International Women's Day. Sarah Hanson-Young is an Australian politician who has been a Senator for South Australia since July 2008, representing the Australian Greens. She's a fierce advocate for gender equality and diversity, and has herself faced bullying and sexual harassment at her workplace. The harassment was so intense it even caused a defamation lawsuit.Dominique and Sarah discuss their experiences with sexual harassment as public figures, how we can do better, and what steps the retail industry needs to talk to be part of this hugely important conversation.Join Dominique Lamb, CEO of the National Retail Association, for exploration on what's hot in retail.Follow us on social media:https://www.facebook.com/NationalRetailAssociationhttps://www.linkedin.com/company/national-retail-associationhttps://twitter.com/OZretailershttps://www.instagram.com/nationalretailassociation/https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-QjrmP7s5is7-YUpsuac2A
3. Jen Geale: From bricks-and-mortar bike shop to stellar e-commerce store31:34Jen Geale co-founder of MTB Direct, an online retailer enabling Australian mountain bike riders to buy high quality parts, clothing and accessories locally at globally competitive prices. The business is achieving profitable growth at a significant rate, and has been recognised in a host of awards and business programs, including the AFR Fast100, Deloitte Tech Fast50, SmartCompany Smart50, Telstra Business Awards and Westpac Businesses of Tomorrow.Jen catches up with us this week to talk about capital raising (aka the dating experience of the business world), staying ahead of trends, how to hack working remotely and what it's like having a mountain bike trail in your own backyard.Join Dominique Lamb, CEO of the National Retail Association, for exploration on what's hot in retail.Follow us on social media:https://www.facebook.com/NationalRetailAssociationhttps://www.linkedin.com/company/national-retail-associationhttps://twitter.com/OZretailershttps://www.instagram.com/nationalretailassociation/https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-QjrmP7s5is7-YUpsuac2A