Rejuvenaging with Dr. Ron Kaiser
Turning A Disability Into A Comparative Advantage with Johannes Atlas
Trying to fit in while growing up is difficult for every child, let alone a child that has a physical disability. The bullying that can come from growing up with a disability can cause immense insecurities. It’s important for people with disabilities to recognize the beauty in their differences.
My guest today, Johannes Atlas, describes himself as a “man who is here to serve”. Johannes is a national speaker and founder of the organization Speaking To The You In You. He was born with a physical disability - Poland syndrome - and after growing up trying to hide his differences, Johannes recognized that his abnormality became his greatest strength. After overcoming his own insecurities, Johannes’s work consists of setting free those who are dealing with emotional baggage and end the chains that limit them.
Tune in to Episode 66 of Rejuvenaging, to learn Johannes’s journey to overcoming his disability, how a growth mindset is possible at any stage in life, and what is next for his career.
Some Questions I Ask
- What do you mean when you speak of baggage? (3:35)
- Do other people look at your disability as not as big of a deal as you did? (11:24)
- What is Speaking To The You In You? (18:01)
In This Episode You Will Learn
- How Johannes overcame his insecurities about his disability (8:16)
- Johannes’s advice for parents who have a child with a disability (14:11)
- That anyone at any age can continue to grow and learn (16:42)
- About Johannes’s upcoming YouTube series (19:15)
- That the starting point of growth is awareness (22:12)
Connect with Johannes
Useful Rejuvenaging Resources:
- Website: https://www.thementalhealthgym.com/
- Book: Dr. Ron Kaiser -Rejuvenaging: The Art and Science of Growing Older with Enthusiasm
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- TEDx Talk: Aging Enthusiastically to Make the World a Better Place