Ready for Work
25 - Rebooting Economic and Workforce Development for 2021
Keeping the future in mind is a necessary function for persisting through disaster recovery. As regions continue to overcome the pandemic, there is a balance in preparing for future opportunities and obstacles at the same time. Episode 25 features Chad Chancellor, Co-Founder and CEO of the Next Move Group.
Listeners can gain insight on the ever-changing skills marketplace in economic development and how that translates to expectations for workforce development and career education leaders. Chad explains how smaller markets and rural areas could see increased viability.
Prospects and investors appreciate a simple, user-friendly approach with the buckets of recruit, screen, and train. Chad helps listeners find the right balance in wage competitiveness as well.
Rounding out episode 25 are recaps from Mark Arend of Site Selection magazine as new rankings are out for 2021. Preble County, Ohio’s economic development chief, Brenda Latanza, shares her experience in the site selection process as a Work Ready Community.
Guests and Contributors
- Chad Chancellor, Next Move Group
- Mark Arend, Site Selection Magazine
- Brenda Latanza, Preble County (OH) Development Partnership
- Next Move Group
- 2021 State of the States and Regional Workforce Rankings from Site Selection Magazine
- Episode 18 with Mark Arend of Site Selection Magazine
- Episode 10 Work Ready Communities Overview
- Episode 1 Using Work Ready Communities for Economic Development
- ACT Workforce Newsletter
- ACT Workforce Solutions
- ACT Work Ready Communities