Why Building Relationships with Your Community Is Key to Navigating Leaks: An Interview with Andrew McCrea
Recent events have shown that even in an industry as big as gaming, no one is immune from susceptibility to leaks. In this podcast, PR 360 host Brett Deister discusses the implications of leaks in the gaming industry with Andrew McCrea, Public Relations Manager at Gearbox Entertainment. McCrea explains how communicators can ensure their audience is informed and able to help spread the truth in the event of a leak.
· How the gaming industry has been affected by leaks
· How leaks are unavoidable
· The importance of having a plan in place to address leaks
· The importance of transparency in resolving a leak
· 01:02 - Are you a coffee or tea drinker?
· 01:25 - Inflation has hit the coffee market
· 01:33 - Can you explain your expertise to our listeners?
· 02:44 - How can PR pros curb leaks from happening?
· 06:37 - Should game developers and publishers go the 'Skate" route of messaging about the game's development?
· 10:43 - Should game developers or publishers do educational content around game development?
· 12:58 - Should employee relations be just as important in curbing leaks as cybersecurity?
· 15:11 - What are the negative side effects of leaks?
· 17:41 - Should there be a plan for leaks?
· 19:34 - Should there be a tiered plan for communicating to your audience based on the impact of the leak?
· 21:40 - Should we accept this as the norm?
· 22:40 - What should the messaging be for leaks?
· 24:45 - How can you improve employee morale when a leak happens?
· 26:24 - Fun question: What's your all-time favorite game?
· 27:15 - Which version of Skyrim?
· 27:36 - Where can people find you online?
· 27:54 - Final thoughts
Our Guest Today:
● Andrew McCrea was our guest today.
Subscribe and Leave a 5-Star Review: https://pod.link/1496390646
● If you want to get involved, leave us a comment!
● Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn!
Thanks for listening!