Points of View by Cultured Magazine
In today’s episode, I sat down with Kiersey Clemons—an actor, singer, and producer. We get into their excitement in some upcoming new roles they got to play, taking time to work on music, social media as storytelling, and what they’ve learned about themself in the past year.
View all episodes
5. Hillary Taymour of Collina Strada38:29In today’s episode, I spoke will Hillary Taymour, the mastermind behind Collina Strada. We dive deep into her fashion design journey, the biggest lessons she’s learned along the way, why she loves being the “quirky aunt” of the fashion world, and paving the way for a new kind of standard in the industry.
3. Charlotte Day Wilson47:54In this episode, I sat down with Charlotte Day Wilson—a brilliant Canadian musician, singer, and songwriter. She released her debut album Alpha in July of 2021. We get into what it’s like being on her Alpha tour, the energy of each audience across cities, navigating the music industry as a queer woman, being nominated in multiple categories for this year's JUNO awards, and being true to herself in all aspects of her creative process from start to finish.
2. L'Rain25:26In today’s episode—live 2/26 at On Air Fest 2022—I sat down with Taja Cheek, a Brooklyn-born and based experimentalist and multi-instrumentalist, composer, and curator, also known as L'Rain. We chat about her second album, Fatigue, career transitions, tour rituals, hidden talents, growing up in New York & learning to put music & her passion first.
1. Tourmaline46:09Season 2 of Points of View welcomes artist, activist, filmmaker & writer Tourmaline. We discuss the inspiration behind her practice & how her work highlights the capacity of Black queer and trans people and communities to make and transform worlds. We also get into the impact of legacy building, the power of pleasure & how 20 years in New York has shaped Tourmaline’s amazing creative journey.
6. Amandla Stenberg49:55For our season 1 finale, I speak to Amandla Stenberg, a multifaceted artist, musician, and actor. We get into how they got their start, going viral beefing with Kylie Jenner, navigating and advocating for representation in the industry, their passion for music and stepping into that creatively, and their excitement for the upcoming Met Gala.
5. Eartheater01:04:25In today’s episode, I speak to Eartheater, a multi-instrumentalist, producer, composer, and vocalist. We get into the depths of her musical practice, her upbringing and discovery of The Powerpuff Girls, her love of fashion and being a long-time Mugler girl, honing her body confidence and sexual liberation, her advice to emerging young artists, and what’s coming up musically on her horizon including a cheeky new GTA inspired music video.
4. Kelsey Lu49:50In this episode, I speak to artist and musician Kelsey Lu. We get into their creative process, finding the freedom to experiment within the realm of classical music, creating a Black opera, what drives their musical practice, and a very special secret about their connection to nature.
3. Rowan Blanchard50:45This episode features actress and artist Rowan Blanchard, who has been working in Hollywood since she was a child. We get into her hopes and dreams for her creative future, her biggest critiques of the film/tv industry and what she’d like to see change, new projects she’s working on, and taking on new roles in front of and behind the camera.