Orange Effects, Daisy Rock, & Telecaster Options
Season 4, Ep. 4
Hello dear listener,
It's episode 4, and Matt and I are demoing the lovely big box Orange Phaser, Distortion and Sustain pedals.
We're also talking about Matt's need for a Chase Bliss Generation Loss, my new Daisy Rock, and your suggestions for telecasters that I should buy.
AND you get 10% off ALL Izotope suites and plugins with discount code: NERDS10 - visit izotope.com to check out their massive range of mixing, mastering, instruments and effects plugins.
22. Fuzzy Duck Pickups, Kalamazoo Guitars & Two Rock Amps!01:02:51Hello dear listeners,This week, I'm joined by my favourite guitar podcast host, Phillip Carter! That's right, the Gibson apologist himself is back!We're talking all about his new Two Rock amplifiers (that's right, plural), plus we're discussing 60's Kalamazoo guitars, Glass Harmonicas, Fuzzy Duck Silver90 pickups, and Great Eastern FX Co.'s rather charming Small Speaker Overdrive!
21. The BOSS SDE-3000 & Dave Grohl's Epiphone01:04:21Hello dear listener,Welcome back! This week, Matt and I are talking in depth about the evolution of digital gear throughout the ages, and these brand new digital delay super computers from BOSS. We're also discussing Dave Grohl's cool new Epiphone, my Guild Bisonic loaded Warwick, and my trip to Hanks and Wunjo on Denmark Street.
20. Guitar Setups & Chorus Pedals01:11:44Hello dear listener,Welcome back! This week, Matt and I are talking all about John Frusciante albums, guitar setups, Warwick basses, vintage Japanese Fairytale guitars, and a wonderful old Guyatone Chorus pedal that I've been sent!
19. Every Single BOSS Pedal Ever!01:05:58Hello dear listener,Welcome to another charming episode of Guitar Nerds! This week, Matt Knight makes a welcome return. We talk all about a recent Facebook Marketplace listing for every single BOSS pedal ever built. Plus, I am literally fresh off of a plane from Copenhagen having been away to play a festival!All this and more shall be discussed! Give it a listen!
18. Telecasters, Flying V Basses & Brad Page01:12:07Hello dear listener,Welcome back to another episode of Guitar Nerds. This week I'm joined by, friend of the podcast, Brad Page! We're talking all about the gear that he grew up with in the 70's and his hidden love from robot tuners!
17. Naomi's Big Rig01:11:09Hello dearest of listeners,This week, JD, Naomi and I are talking all about how she's joined a band with a whole load of super famous people and is now playing massive sell out shows and festivals!We're discussing her huge amplifier setup, plus her pedalboard consisting entirely of distortions, and her new Charvel bass!In other news, I've recently become obsessed with old Guyatone Micro pedals, and I'm collecting the lot!
16. Ashdown, NAMM & IKEA01:03:27Hello dear listener,This week it's something a little different! On this week's episode I'm joined by my good mate, Dan Gooday from Ashdown Engineering. Dan has spent his entire life at Ashdown; helping his Dad set up NAMM stands as a boy, and now running the entire company, creating interesting new products, attending trade shows, and designing custom rigs for some of the world's top bassists.We'll return to our normal format next week, and fear not, 'Topic of the Week', and 'Show & Tell' will be back then too.
15. Building A Grez Bass VI01:06:11Hello dear listener,Matt and I are back for another episode of The Guitar Nerds Podcast. This week Barry Grzebik from Grez Guitars has challenged Matt and I to design our dream Grez Bass VI! We're talking all about our favourite elements of existing Bass VI's and baritones, and working out what we think would make the ultimate incarnation of such an instrument.We're also taking a listen to the new Beta V Bass preamp from Solid Gold FX, and my goodness, does it sound wonderful!
14. The Lizard Queen & Earthquaker Devices01:07:42Hello dear listener,Sorry for the lateness of this week's episode. Matt and I are now back with a whole bunch of NAMM news, demo recordings of the new Earthquaker Aurelius Chorus pedal, and advice on a simple, but effective lounge setup!