A woman grapples with the mysterious murder of her husband in their Denver home. All the doors were locked from inside, there is no sign of break-in, but her husband lies there, stabbed to death. The murder haunts the house, already a place of mourning after their son Anthony did not return from World War II. As a local detective struggles to pry apart the puzzle of the murder, Helen begins to see a ghost in her dead son's room. The killing isn't over.
A fictional story inspired by historical events.
Writers: C.Avery & Maggie Milstein
Voice: Lauryn Allman
Audio Editing: Thomas Curry
Music, Scoring & Sound-Design: Dominic Gozo
View all episodes
28. Afterword: The Way We're Built13:23A conversation with journalist Alex Mayyasi, author of The Way We're Built. HOST: MICHAEL LAPOINTEEDITING: THOMAS CURRYMUSIC, SCORING & SOUND-DESIGN: NATALIA RODRIGUEZ
27. The Way We're Built35:03Facing hard times in the early 1990s, Subaru of America is trying to understand who exactly buys their sturdy but drab brand of cars. That's when one marketing executive notices a peculiar niche in their focus groups—lesbian women. In the conservative corporate culture of Subaru, a group of marketing executives will try to turn the company's fortunes around through a secretive marketing campaign.JOUNALIST: ALEX MAYYASIEDITING: THOMAS CURRYMUSIC, SCORING & SOUND-DESIGN: DOMINIC GOZOVOICE: NESBA CRENSHAW
26. Afterword: The Badir Brothers13:24A conversation with journalist Yochai Maital author of "The Badir Brothers".HOST: MICHAEL LAPOINTEJOURNALIST: YOCHAI MAITALAUDIO: NATALIA RODRIGUEZ FORD
25. The Badir Brothers46:12In a small Israeli village in the 1980s, three Arab brothers are born blind. When a payphone is installed at the end of the block, the brothers discover they can use their supersensitive hearing to manipulate the lines to do their bidding, the first step in what will become the largest telecom fraud in Israeli history.JOURNALIST: YOCHAI MAITALEDITING: THOMAS CURRYMUSIC, SCORING & SOUND-DESIGN: DOMINIC GOZOVOICE: ALI SULIMANREPORTING BY: ADAM BIZANSKI
24. Afterword: Blinkers10:57A conversation about fakes, hustlers, and how to rip off the Grateful Dead with Harmon Leon, author of “Blinkers. Host: Michael LaPointeJournalist: Harmon LeonAudio: Natalia Rodriguez Ford
23. Blinkers32:13Teenage hustler Conor MacKay makes his living selling counterfeit tickets—or blinkers—at concerts and sporting events across the United States. It’s the early 1990s, the golden age of the blinker game, but as the federal authorities and Ticketmaster close in, Conor has to find what’s authentic in this world of fakes. A fictional story based on real events.NARRATOR: CARTER BELLAIMEYJOURNALIST: HARMON LEONAUDIO EDITING: MADDIE HICKISHMUSIC, SCORING & SOUND-DESIGN: DOMINIC GOZO
22. The Starlet Bandits: Part 223:42It's Los Angeles in the mid-2000s and Nina is chasing the LA dream. She falls into sex work and gets caught up in her boyfriend/pimp's latest scheme: robbing banks. A disparate group of sex workers are transformed into a gang of bank robbers named The Starlet Bandits...Narrator: Jurnee SmollettJournalist: Lexi PandellAudio Editing: Natalia RodriguezMusic, Scoring & Sound-Design: Dominic Gozo
22. The Starlet Bandits: Part 122:36It's Los Angeles in the mid-2000s and Nina is chasing the LA dream. She falls into sex work and gets caught up in her boyfriend/pimp's latest scheme: robbing banks. A disparate group of sex workers are transformed into a gang of bank robbers named The Starlet Bandits...Narrator: Jurnee SmollettJournalist: Lexi PandellAudio Editing: Natalia Rodriguez FordMusic, Scoring & Sound-Design: Dominic Gozo
20. Sonya Golden Hand38:24When the great Russian writer Anton Chekov visits the penal colony on the remote island of Sakhalin in 1890, he is astonished to learn that they’re holding a famous prisoner—Sonya Golden Hand. He finds the legendary con-artist in solitary confinement, her legs clamped in iron chains. Chekhov kneels down beside her on the filthy prison floor. Tell me the story of how you ended up in chains...A fictional story inspired by historical events.Writer: Michael LaPointeVoice: Olga KurylenkoAudio Editing: Maddie HickishMusic, Scoring & Sound-Design: Dominic Gozo