Off The Strength
RCVR & Flow. Featuring Dan Hunt
On this weeks episode of Off The Strength, the guys catch up with Co-Founder and CEO at RCVR Dan Hunt and discuss his origins and pivotal early realizations in the cannabis industry, life lesson learned from wrestling and jujitsu, how recovery and sleep became a early priority, how start up success came with start up stress, how philosophy plays a role in being able to stay calm in chaos, and role flow plays on his path to success.
For Dan and RCVR, catch up with him at:
IG: @tryrcvr , @danhunt
Be sure to like listen and subscribe!
Follow the OTS Squad on IG at:
Show - @offthestrength_
Tony - @atrainercalledtony
Kyle - @krjones_
Troy - @troy_brooks
The Effects Of CBD On Anxiety & Stress
Studies in humans, including many of those cited below, have demonstrated that CBD reduces anxiety. This is due to the action of CBD on 5HT1A and TRPV1 receptors, both of which are involved in mitigating the anxiolytic, panic and fear responses to stress.
Here are the studies that have specifically investigated CBD’s role as an anxiolytic:
- Cannabidiol, a Cannabis sativa constituent, as an anxiolytic drug (PubMed)
- Antidepressant-Like and Anxiolytic-Like Effects of Cannabidiol: A Chemical Compound of Cannabis Sativa (PubMed)
- Cannabidiol reduces the anxiety induced by simulated public speaking in treatment-naïve social phobia patients(PubMed)
When it comes to stress, which is of course significantly related to anxiety, the host of studies are just as impressive:
- Endogenous cannabinoid signaling is essential for stress adaptation (PubMed)
- Regulation of endocannabinoid signaling by stress: Implications for stress-related affective disorders (PubMed)
- Functional interactions between stress and the endocannabinoid system: from synaptic signaling to behavioral output(PubMed)
This is just a small sample of the research showing the role that CBD plays in reducing stress and reducing anxiety.
- Cannabidiol as an emergent therapeutic strategy for lessening the impact of inflammation on oxidative stress (PubMed)
- The endocannabinoid system: an emerging key player in inflammation (PubMed)
The Effects Of CBD On Inflammation
The Effects Of CBD On Sleep
Patients with sleep issues report that ingesting a CBD-rich tincture or extract a few hours before bedtime has a balancing effect that facilitates a good night’s sleep.
Here are the studies on CBD and sleep.
- Cannabis, pain, and sleep: Lessons from therapeutic clinical trials of Sativex, a cannabis-based medicine (PubMed)
- Effects of acute systemic administration of cannabidiol on sleep-wake cycle in rats (PubMed)
- Effect of Delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol and cannabidiol on nocturnal sleep and early-morning behavior in young adults(PubMed)
- Cannabidiol, a constituent of Cannabis sativa, modulates sleep in rats