NXP Smarter World Podcast
Shaping Future Mobility with Power Management
Future mobility is driven by the fact that saving energy will become increasingly important - and that's one of the key competences of power management. Delivering the right level of energy at the right level of voltage and signals to the entire system is crucial to make electric and autonomous driving vehicles a success. In this episode, host Nitin Dahad, editor at EE Times and Embedded.com, discusses with NXP's David Lopez, Segment Director Safety Power Management, how power management can help shape future mobility.
View all episodes
7. Empowering Human Capability with Tech31:05In this episode, our host Kyle Fox is joined by Francesca Burgo, Business Development Manager at Existo, an Italian health tech company that offers innovative solutions for the wellbeing of people with disabilities. This startup has designed and produced a wearable gadget designed to restore ability to the upper limbs. Check out the latest episode to discover how a robotic extension, that fastens to the forearm firmly and is controlled by voice, can help change people's lives.
6. Building the Car of the Future21:54In this episode, Louise de Laat, manager of the Eindhoven-based student initiative, TU/ecomotive, discusses how her team is challenging the automotive industry by creating unique, sustainable concept cars, including an EV that cleans the air as it drives.
5. The Quest for Sustainable Food Ecosystems17:04In this episode, the winner of NXP’s third annual HoverGames competition, Dan-Marius Dobrea, joins host Kyle Fox to discuss his winning entry, agriHoverGames - a smart drone with an intelligent system that can analyze the healthiness of grapevines. Tune in to discover what inspired the development of a drone that can detect vine diseases, the technology that enabled it and why this is a necessary step toward making farming more sustainable.
4. The Road to Sustainability24:13In this episode, NXP’s Chief Sustainability Officer, Jennifer Wuamett, joins host Kyle Fox to discuss NXP's 2022 Corporate Sustainability Report and provide an update on progress toward its ESG goals. Plus, discover the type of short and long-term goals companies need to set in order to see continuous improvement and sustainable growth.
3. Fostering a Sustainable Mindset19:47In this episode, our host Kyle Fox is joined by Davina Moore, Director of Digital Marketing at NXP, who gives us a glimpse into the ideas and efforts needed to drive an innovative mentality in not just the workplace, but in our homes and schools. Sustainability is driven by people’s inventiveness. Discover what it takes to foster that mentality and how people’s passion, creativity and dedication is key to positively moving our world forward.
2. Plant Power for Electricity18:43In this episode, our host Kyle Fox is joined by Marjolein Helder, CEO of Plant-e, a start-up based in the Netherlands, that generates electricity with living plants and is the only known company in the world that generates carbon-negative electricity. Is bio-electricity the future? What challenges is Plant-e facing and how does NXP help enable this groundbreaking innovation? Check out this episode to find out more.
1. Driving the Electric Fleet21:46In this episode, our host Kyle Fox is joined by Dakota Semler, co-founder and CEO of Xos Trucks, a Los Angeles based fleet services provider and original equipment manufacturer of Class 5 through Class 8 battery-electric vehicles. Find out more on why Dakota and his co-founder started Xos Trucks, what issues of today's world they are tackling with their business and what role technology plays in enabling decarbonized transportation.
15. HoverGames Challenge 3: Sustainable Food Ecosystems17:04The third installment of NXP's HoverGames dives into the world of vision with artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning, inspiring developers to deliver breakthrough ideas for making our connected world better, safer, and more secure. The goal of this year’s HoverGames is to challenge developers to create solutions for a more sustainable food ecosystem. In this episode, host Nitin Dahad, editor at EE Times and Embedded.com, introduces the next challenge of the NXP HoverGames joined by Richard Fix, Bosch Sensortec and Iain Galloway, NXP.