NOT-SO LONELY PLANET (with Juliette Burton)
4. Batting at Sixes
Juiette this week visits the indoor cricket venue Sixes Social Cricket to meet Blake Van Der Linde - a cricket enthusiast who has landed his dream job in a new venture bringing indoor cricket to beginners and pros alike. As well as talking to Blake about his passion, she gets to try out her own batting skills...
Find out more about Juliette at www.julietteburton.com
View all episodes
6. 6. Bodies Built To Move (with Shakira Akabusi)33:17Juliette dons her most colourful workout gear to go for a park workout with the wonderful Shakira Akabusi. Braving the weather they chat all things fitness including post pregnancy fitness regimes, fitness post addiction and generally how to find the mindset that fitness can be fun and make a massive difference to mental health.PLEASE NOTE: this recording includes potentially triggering conversations about eating disorders at 21.29-22.48To find out more about Shakira go to www.stronglikemum.comTo find out more about Juliette go to www.julietteburton.com and find her on socials @juliette_burton
5. 5. Highgate Cemetery45:44Juliette had the absolute pleasure of being shown around Highgate Cemetery in this episode by (we're certain you'll agree) expert guide John Waite who is a devotee of the cemetery for many reasons; aesthetic, historic and personal. We'll hear about Stephen Geary the architect who built the cemetery - catering to those who wanted to mark their deaths with a little more ceremony than had been available before, and how the cemetery fell into disrepair, only re-opening relatively recently. A marvel of design drawing inspiration from around the world, it is the famous resting place of many notables past and present.Find out more about the cemetery at highgatecemetery.orgFollow Juliette on instagram @juliette_burton and twitter @julietteburton
3. 3. A Passion for Forging38:51Juliette visits fine dining restaurant Kitchen Table to meet Adam Nordone, supplier and maker of bespoke knives to chef James Knappett. The duo talk about the approach the restaurant has towards seasonal eating and why Adam's knives were the perfect match for the ethos of the restaurant before recommending the next enthusiast for Juliette to speak to.Find out more about Juliette Burton at www.julietteburton.com
2. 2. For the Love of Cheese34:50This week's episode finds Juliette in Leadenhall Market, now celebrating its 700th year of existence, in London, where she visits Sue Cloke of Cheese at Leadenhall, a shop and restaurant which specialises in cheese. Sue is the original founder and shares her passion for cheese - how it started on a skiing trip with one particular variety and how every cheese she sells tells its own story...Did you know what effect pasteurisation has on cheese? Or how the Cheddar Gorge still to this day has a link to cheese production? Prepare to find out.Then Sue will recommend our next guest for Juliette to speak to next week - making the world a friendlier place, one connection at a time.Find out more about Juliette and find the audio description of this podcast at www.julietteburton.comMore about Sue and Cheese at Leadenhall can be found here: https://cheeseatleadenhall.co.uk/
1. 1. Secret London29:33Our new series, hosted by Juliette Burton kicks off with passionate tour guide Robert Frimston as they walk from the Globe theatre via Tower Bridge to Rotherhithe, telling us some lesser known facts about London landmarks along the way. A perfect way of exploring London without leaving your own home. Sit back and enjoy this relaxing but fascinating audio journey as we join Juliette and Rob on their walk along the Thames...Sound Recordist and Editor, Andy GoddardAdditional Editing by John WakefieldFor more information on Juliette please visit www.julietteburton.com
TRAILER01:47Juliette Burton's Not-So Lonely Planet - making the world a less lonely place by meeting enthusiasts talking about their favourite things!