Not Investment Advice
E54 - Elon’s $44B deal (+ funniest takes), NIA 1-year anniversary, SBF on DeFi
Today's episode is a deep dive into Elon Musk reaching an agreement to buy Twitter for a $44bil. How he's funding it, the potential risks with Tesla stock dropping, the spectrum of reactions & what the future of Twitter looks like.
The boys also discuss their favorite moments from 1yr of NIA & an edge of the internet segment on Sam Bankman-Fried discussing the ponsi nature of DeFi with Matt Levine.
- 00:00:00 - Intro, Meme Of The Week + What We’ll Cover
- 00:03:32 - NIA 1-year Anniversary Summary + Favorite Moments
- 00:21:05 - Elon’s $44B deal with Twitter
- 00:40:06 - Elon Buying Twitter, Good or Bad?
- 00:52:15 - Different views on Elon + echo chambers
- 01:05:57 - Business Models: Bluebird Twitter App vs Protocol vs Ads
- 01:17:33 - SBF (Sam Bankman-Fried) + Matt Levine on DeFi
- 01:34:21 - Thank You
What Is Not Investment Advice?
Every week, Jack Butcher, Bilal Zaidi & Trung Phan discuss what they're finding on the edges of the internet + the latest in business, technology, and memes.
Watch + Subscribe on YouTube:
Join our group chat on Telegram:
Let us know what you think on Twitter: